CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

Third Person's Point of View

After the cadets picked their chosen regiment, they're all going to pack up, get their things, and live on the Survey Corps Headquarters.

Y/N stepped off the platform to leave, not bothering to say hello to her friends.

Somehow, she just doesn't want to be around them. You could say that she needed her space. Her judgement towards things, be it friends, her emotions... sometimes they come and go.

And right now, something inside of her tells her she doesn't want to be with them.

Unfortunately for her, Armin saw her leave and called out her name.

"Y/N!" The blonde called.

The girl turned around to see Armin with Mikasa, Jean, Connie, and Sasha, lined up together. Ymir, Krista, Reiner, and Berthold are nowhere to be found.

She may not want to be with them right now, but her friend called for her.

She's a jackass but she ain't gonna be a jackass to the sweetest person in their friend group.

"You all are fucked." Y/N greeted them as she redirected her direction and walked towards the group with her hands inside her pockets, a lazy smirk plastered on her lips.

She's pertaining to their suicidal decision to join the Corps. As far as she knew, only Eren, Connie, Mikasa, and her, are the only ones crazy enough to join the Reconnaissance Battalion.

Joining the Corps with them? She never saw that coming.

"Wow, what a greeting. Kinda makes me feel like I can do everything." Connie joked sarcastically and Y/N laughed along with the buzz cut boy.

The petite girl surveyed the area, her eyes wandering  around their surroundings as if she's trying to find something or someone.

"Where's the angel? I was looking for him earlier but I couldn't see him." She asked, still looking around, her movements kind of frantic.

"..."

The group stayed silent, and Y/N quickly noticed but still pressed on the topic.

She wanted to believe that her intuition is wrong, that she's just making a fool of herself again. 

She always want to be right, but this time... no.

Never in a million years would she want to be right this time.

She laughed as if nothing's wrong before continuing.

"I don't know if you know who that is, but I'm talking about Marco. Marco Bodt? The-" She cleared out, but got interrupted by one of her closest friends.

"He's dead." Jean's voice is grim, and everyone had chills on their spine after he spoke.

Y/N's face... is unreadable.

Her expression didn't change, just plain bored. She's trying to play it cool and keep her nerves in, but deep inside, she wants to vent out and maybe just beat up somebody.

When the clean up for Trost, Y/N wasn't around.

She was stuck inside the Cadet Corps' clinic because the nurse said her thigh was too damaged. She told the nurse that she was fine a little while ago but the nurse said it's just because of the adrenaline rush.

And now... she's only hearing the news of Marco's death.

"Oh... I see." Y/N spoke, her voice obviously filled with disappointment.