CHAPTER SIXTY

Third Person's Point of View

"I'm going to carve you up again, Female Titan!"

Annie bowed her head down for a moment, making Y/N's eyebrow furrow in confusion. But just before she tried to question Annie's movement, she soon knew why she did so.

A giggle escaped from Annie's thin lips, transitioning into a high pitched squealing and laughter as she clutched her right elbow with her left hand, her body shaking from the sounds coming out from her mouth

The blonde girl made a gleeful expression, more emotion in her face right now than the three years they were in the academy.

Mikasa glared at Annie while Eren and Armin gaped at her, mouth open like the letter 'o'. An irritated smirk formed on Y/N's, seemingly to challenge Annie's.

Annie looked down at them with a maiden's blush and sing-song muttered, "Armin."

"--It's nice that I could be a 'good person' for you. For now, you've won your bet." Annie said, looking down at Armin, his sky blue eyes wide from all the sudden surge of truth and treachery.

"Where's the next time, Annie? Will that even happen?" Y/N challenged, twirling her left index finger around her locks, playing with her hair as her lip puckered to a mocking pout.

Annie shifted her head to shoot the girl with an irritated smile. "Of course, I will be, Y/N-chan."

Annie's imitation of the nickname Y/N gave her made the raven-haired girl's grin go wider. The blonde girl continued stare her down until she shifted her head to look at Armin again, now baring her teeth on that neurotic smile and her raving wide eyes.

"But, my bet begins now!"

Before Annie can try to bite her finger, Armin was quick to fire his flare gun, signaling all the undercover soldiers around the area to immobilize Annie, coming from all directions.

They have been hidden behind, inside, and on top of the barren buildings this whole time, just waiting for the right time to attack.

They successfully captured Annie, holding her by both arms and legs and held her head back with a white cloth to stop herself from biting into her skin, transforming into her Titan form.

Still shaken, Eren took a few more steps towards Annie but Mikasa blocked him on his way. "Eren!"

They stopped to look at Annie struggling, her eyebrows furrowed, cursing them if it wasn't for the gag on his mouth.

Y/N's eyes widened when she saw the message on Annie's eyes, thinking, 'Those eyes! Something's gonna go wrong!'

Just as she thought that, Annie flicked the ring on her index finger with her thumb, revealing a small blade tucked under the silver.