CHAPTER NINETY-SIX

Third Person's Point of View

"All soldiers, retreat!"

The Scouts started to flee the scene, being successful on their mission of taking back Y/N L/N and Eren Jaeger.

Everyone is feeling happy, knowing that the deaths of their comrades wasn't in vain and also, they just want to get back inside the comfort of the walls.

As the Survey Corps were retreating, a roar from a familiar Titan got the attention of Y/N.

Whipping her head to the side, she saw that Ymir was struggling to get another Titan on top of her off. But she saw Ymir's girlfriend, Historia, rescue her lover just in time, dealing a blow to the nape of the Titan.

"I did it. My first kill. Ymir..." Historia tried to come back to the arms of the Titan woman but Connie intercepted and took the blonde to his horse forcefully. "Krista!"

Ymir saw Historia getting taken by Connie and immediately followed him, not letting the blonde out of her sight.

"What the hell are you doing? We're leaving!" Connie scolded Krista, who he's still holding by the waist, horizontally.

"Let's hurry home and chow down!" Sasha added, desperate for the comfort of food.

"Connie, Sasha! Leave me be! Let me go!" Historia tried to wiggle her way out of Connie's grip but he's just holding her too tight that she couldn't escape.

"What?"

"Ymir said that if I don't go with her, Reiner and Bertholdt are going to kill her! If she hands me in, they'll let her go free! We were going to go with them!" Historia explained.

"What the heck? Ymir said that?"

"Yes, so let me down!" Historia stressed again. She really believed everything that Ymir said earlier.

That Ymir needed to hand her over just so she can live. Historia didn't even mind because she will do anything it takes to keep her lover alive.

And they'll be together, so it wouldn't be bad at all.

As long as they're together, everything is going to be fine.

Sasha grumbled, rolling her eyes. "It's a lie! Of course, that's a lie! She's lying to you!"

Connie nodded, looking straight into Historia's eyes. "Sasha is right. Do you think the one who fought like a maniac to save you would do something like that?"

"Huh?"

"The only time Ymir ever shows some effort is when you're in trouble. I don't know about her getting killed but... For now, just calm down." Connie added, eyes looking wistful.

"That's right! If you two stay here any longer, there's a huge chance that you'll die and things will only get worse!" Sasha joined in once more.

"You know, even an idiot could figure that out." Connie muttered under his breath.

While they were conversing, a huge Titan was tossed to the sky by Reiner, it rolled then blocked the front of Connie and Sasha's way.

"Y/N!" Erwin yelled, notifying his coachman for the day of the Titan about to hit them.

"I know, Smith!" Y/N halted the horse skillfully just in time, missing the accident. But it didn't help though, because of the impact of the Titan, the Titan evaporated in instant while dust flew everywhere which made it very hard for them to see anything.

See anything that will be the cause of their deaths.

Jean was one of the people who saw what actually happened. His head whipped to the side. 'Damn that Reiner! He's tossing the Titans like a madman!'