CHAPTER TWENTY

Third Person's Point of View

Back to back, the two cadets looked out for each other. It's something that anyone would never expect. The all-so silly cadet Y/N L/N who doesn't take anything seriously, is actually teaming up with her rival, the all-so serious Eren Jaeger.

Eren ran at full speed towards the Colossal Titan's direction and Y/N ran after him.

"Don't do anything stupid, Jaeger! I'm not going to rescue you!" Y/N warned as they prepare for battle. Eren looked back at her for a moment and smirked. 

"Say that to yourself, L/N."

The girl answered with a smirk and turned her attention ahead. The Colossal Titan raised his huge arm and Y/N quickly informed the boy of what's to come.

"GEAR! HE'S GOING TO ATTACK!" Y/N shouted and readied her omnidirectional gear for dodging the Titan's attacks.

"I KNOW, L/N!" He replied, annoyed.

'Do I look like I don't know what I'm doing?', he thought.

They were near the mounted cannons when the Colossal Titan slammed his palm on the machinery, breaking all of them in the process. The Colossal Titan wiped the wall's concrete with his huge hand, sliding his muscly hand on the top.

'Could it be?', Y/N thought, her eyes going wide.

Eren and Y/N jumped in time to dodge the Titan's hand and launched their grappling hook to the Titan's body, Eren on the left side and Y/N on the right side.

"HE WENT FOR THE CANNONS!" Y/N and Eren shouted in unison as the two of them are up in the air. The Colossal Titan turned its head to Eren's direction, making eye contact. Y/N saw this as an opportunity to take him out in the nape and end this bastard's life.

Y/N built up momentum to strike the Titan in the nape, dangling on her ropes, when she saw one of his arms move, trying to get a hold of Eren. The boy quickly dodged, and launched himself to the Titan. He landed on its outstretched arm and ran as quick as he can.

"YOU CAN'T BEAT HIM THAT EASILY! THERE HAS TO BE A SURPRISE ATTACK! EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED, JAEGER! THAT'S WHAT I USED TO TELL YOU!" She shouted angrily. She's quite worried, to say the least. The boy never listened to her advices.

Y/N decided to not go for the Colossal Titan's nape. She didn't go for it because she had her reasons.

On their time at the academy, she learned that Titans can be classified into different class by height. This Colossal Titan is an abnormal, much, much bigger that the rest of the Titans they have studied.

The body of the Colossal Titan is unlike the rest, with exposed muscles, and not skin. Besides that, she and Eren concluded that the Titan purposefully went for the cannons, indicating that it has consciousness.

When something is so intelligent, when something is so strong, they won't just let their guards down that easily. She learned that the hard way back when she was a child.

You don't underestimate, and you don't overestimate.

Because if you do, you're fucked.

Eren didn't listen, as he's consumed by rage and revenge.

He went for the nape, burying his grappling hook on the Titan's muscular skin. Before Eren could attack its nape, the Titan emitted hot air to the boy's direction. Eren Jaeger got blown away but his gear managed to hold on to the Titan's muscles.

'Where the hell is that heat coming from?!', Y/N thought, her mind calculating, trying to make sense of anything.

'If that heat comes from the Titan, does that mean he could manipulate the temperature of the air?!' Realization hits her and she has to say it to Eren before it's too late. The kid is too suicidal, he'll do anything just to fulfill his promise of wiping out the Titans.