CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED ONE

Y/N L/N's Point of View

"Your brother's here." Hange interrupted, stopping my train of thoughts.

"My brother?" I checked if I'm hearing the right words.

Mason? Why the hell is he here?

From all the talks we've had in the past, our main focus have always been avoiding suspicions. And him trying to visit me in the Corps is going to raise another red flag to our cover up.

I'm already having to deal with Erwin and possibly Hange soon. Can I really afford another risk?

"Yes. Remember, you were supposed to be laid off of work to rest but you went after Ymir and the others? Well," Hange looked almost embarrassed when she paused or rather, the right word I'm looking for, is.... guilty.

Guilty that she's the one who needs to be telling me all of this.

I almost forgot about the whole going away thing. From the past day, all I've been concerned with was how the hell am I gonna be able to help bring my friends back home. Fuck, I wasn't even concerned about myself.

I thought I was done for. I didn't know whether I should feel relieved or not.

"Erwin said that his decision to suspend you have not changed. So he sent one of the Survey Corps' messengers to seek your brother using the address he gave me the last time we met. I'm sorry, Y/N. I know you don't want to leave but... you have to." She said, smiling at me a little bit sheepishly, showing how she felt shy almost, in saying all of this to me.

A vein starts to pop on my forehead.

That damned eyebrows... how dare he meddle with my personal life?

And what more, my foolish brother really had to give the corps our address.

I know this is Mason's way of evading the possible suspicions of Hange and Erwin by 'cooperating' with them and I appreciate what he's trying to do but in all honesty, I feel like this is going to do more bad than good.

He should've let me handle all of this my own. There he goes again, trying to fix my own mess. As if I always have to get help from him.

Just a few nudge here and there and Hange might complete the puzzle.

Considering that the address that house was registered in-

"That being said... your brother just arrived a few minutes ago to fetch you. He's in the lobby right now."

Hange brought me back from my thoughts. I looked at her and it seems like she didn't notice that I doze off for a bit there. Then, she scratched her head sheepishly, her tongue poking out a bit from her lips in a silly manner.

"He actually wanted to be the one to get you from your quarters but I insisted on doing it myself. After all, he get to have you for quite some time and we won't be able to see each other for a while. I want to spend time with you before you leave, ya know?" Then she laughed.

A small smile appeared on my lips.

No, Y/N.

You've been too friendly and vulnerable. Try to contain yourself and make it seem like you don't care.

Is this really what you want to do with your life? Let people in? You did that with Ymir and what did it get you? She left. And you put yourself in danger by telling her everything.

I masked that genuine smile with a smirk and I elbowed her, starting a joke. "Ha! Just say that you're gonna miss me!"

This is how it's always been with me ever since the academy.