CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE

Third Person's Point of View

Armin, Eren, and Mikasa watched the situation unfurl, the bodies of the other soldiers slammed into the wall like a thrown tomato.

"Oh, no." Armin uttered in horror, his eyes wide as Eren's and stood frozen on the ground.

In Titan form, Annie reached out inside the tunnel to get Eren but Mikasa took the boy's hand and dragged him away safely, with Armin trailing behind, before the huge hand can even get to them.

"Damn! That ring... She knew I was lying from the very start! She saw the ambush coming from a mile away! Surely, there must have been a better way! So that's why Y/N couldn't care less about what she was telling Annie!" Armin says as he ran, but Mikasa was quick to dismiss his thoughts.

"Save the regrets for later! What should we do now?" Mikasa asked.

Armin looked down for a second before replying. "First, we rendezvous with the 3rd Squad and get above ground. Then we fight Annie, the Female Titan, as per plan B! Eren, you'll help catch her in your Titan form, just as we planned. Alright?"

"Yes!"

"Hey!"

There were two men inside the tunnel who waved at them and Armin quickly recognized who they might possibly be. "It's the 3rd Squad!"

"Plan A failed? Where's the other one with you?"

"It did! She got separated with us! Please switch to the backup plan!"

Just as the two men are about to reply, a humungous foot stomped on them from the top, crushing them to death.

The impact blew a strong gust of wind with dust towards the three, prompting them to cover their faces with their clothed arms.

Armin opened his eyes, only to see Annie's foot retreating. "She stomped through it?"

They're a few feet underground with concrete over their heads, and so, he wondered how Annie can even break the only thing protecting their heads. If she can break through that concrete, won't she just destroy the whole roof and get Eren?

Eren saw a leg popping out of the rubble and shouted out. "We have to help them!"

"Eren! Get back!" Mikasa stopped him, pulling the boy from his cloak's hood.

"Hey! Mikasa!" Eren protested as Mikasa pulled him away.

In the far distance, Annie stood tall in her Titan form, looking over the three with such pride from the hole she stomped through.

"Does she not care if she kills Eren?" Mikasa muttered, staring back at Annie.

"She took a gamble. She gambled on Eren surviving when she made that hole. This makes her all the more formidable!" Armin answered Mikasa's question and ran off.

Eren and Mikasa ran after him to keep up with his future commands and plans, not wanting to be separated from him as the situation progresses for the worse.

"Annie is that desperate to catch Eren now!"

-

Plunging into the deeper parts of the Underground tunnel, Armin, Eren, and Mikasa, sat on the cold ground to try to come up with some kind of plan where they can beat Annie.

"Now what? Our escape route has been cut off. And she'll be ready, waiting for us if we make a run for it using our omnidirectional mobility gear. That said..."