2022 VALENTINE SPECIAL (PART FOUR)

Y/N L/N's Point of View

I reluctantly faced him, already feeling weirded out. I smiled awkwardly as I muttered the words "H-Hey... Mason."

I heard him laugh.

The same laugh I haven't heard ever since I cut off all communications with him years ago.

"It's been so long. How are you?" I didn't have anytime to react when he leaned over to me and pulled me into a warm hug.

Er...

Again, I faked my happy expression.

It's not like I hate the guy! It's just that... looking at him is still... weird.

"I-I'm fine! Really great." I replied, my hands awkwardly patting him on the back lightly. I looked at my boyfriend on the side who has his eyebrows furrowed as usual. Is he mad? Or is he just acting like the usual? I'll never know until he tells me.

Even now that Levi and I are dating, I still can't read whatever it is on his mind, to be honest.

I hope to fucking God we won't fight about this later.

Mason let go of me and laughed again. "Really?" He breathed out before his eyes darted to my boyfriend, only noticing him for the first time. "Oh. Who's this?" Mason asked me with a smile.

All you had to do was leave the goddamn house, Y/N! What's so hard about that? Now, you're stuck in this fucking situation that you never intended to fucking happen.

I hate myself sometimes.

Still, I needed to answer him. I cleared my throat then looked at my boyfriend. "This is Levi."

Levi seemed to be happy that I'm acknowledging his presence now because I saw his face relax for a little bit. "I'm her-" He started.

Oh shit, he's gonna say we're dating!

"Friend! He's my... friend. That's right!" I interrupted him, forcing a smile to plaster on my lips.

Fuck!

I'm sorry! I panicked.

But telling Mason Levi and I are dating is just... so uncomfortable. And it's not like I can tell my boyfriend on the spot why.

"What-" My boyfriend tried to argue.

Of course, I didn't want him to think that I'm ashamed or embarrassed of him or anything so I nudged him on the rib with my elbow subtly. He shot me an irritated look but seemed like he got what signal I was trying to send him.

"It's been long time since we last talked." Mason acknowledged, rubbing his slightly stubbled chin with his palm.

I tried not to gape on what he's doing but how can I not? There's a lot of things that changed about him.

I mean, the last time we've seen each other in person was when we were in Brazil for a vacation... that later turned into a disaster.

That was also the reason why we stopped talking in the first place.

We were just dumb kids.

Actually, I was the dumb one but I'll never say that out loud.

Unlike before, he was a skinny kid. With a clean hair cut and clothes that consisted of oversized T-Shirts, skater shorts, and Converse shoes.

But now, he's definitely grown to be way more taller. From baggy T-Shirts, he changed to suits that matches his noticeably more muscular build now and from a clean hair cut, his hair fall to the sides now, making it look like he has an undercut like Niccolo, the guy we met from University a week ago.