CHAPTER SEVENTY-NINE

Third Person's Point of View

Droplets of rain started to pour as the sky turn dark.

A strong gust of wind made the three red flags flap violently atop the wall, where the survivors of the earlier attack camped out.

After the life threatening incident where the Survey Corps find out that a soldier named Ymir is actually Titan-Shifter, they didn't plan to stay long in that castle. They rode on their horses as fast as they could to avoid encountering another Titan mob.

"Slowly! Bring it up slowly!"

"Raise it carefully!" Moblit instructed as a few Survey Corps members used a pulley to hoist an unconscious Ymir up by a stretcher.  The other Survey Corps members stood on lookout by the walls to check any signs of the woman waking up or attacking them.

Historia, who were previously known as Krista, peered down at Ymir with a worried expression on her face. Her blue eyes quivered slightly, fighting back a sob to escape her mouth.

"What sort of shape is Ymir in?" A crouching Eren asked Keiji, a ranking officer from the fourth squad lead by Hange Zoe.

"Her right arm and leg were bitten off, and her insides were beaten like scrambled eggs. If she was a normal person, she would be dead for sure." The man replied before using his ODM gear to go somewhere off.

"'If she was a normal person?'" Eren repeated Keiji's words, thinking about how much of those words resonated to him.

If Ymir was a normal person?

Does that mean that... he might not be a normal person also?

Does that mean that... if that's how they see Ymir, that's how people see him too?

Someone who wasn't... normal?

Before Eren can even entertain those thoughts more, he heard a grunt behind him. Turning his head to look, there he saw Reiner struggling to lift himself up with one arm, the rest of his body being supported by a small plank lifted by one Survey Corps member.

Eren scrambled to his feet to get to Reiner and helped him up, giving him a hand. "Reiner! Grab on!"

"Right!" Reiner beamed up to him before clasping his hand to Eren's, holding his hand tightly. Eren lifted Reiner up with one hand, with the two smiling to each other right after.

Behind Eren...

There goes Historia, talking to Hange about Ymir.

"Please, believe me! I'm telling you the truth! Ymir transformed into a Titan to fight off the other Titans and save us! She sacrificed her own life, which proves her loyalty to us! It's true that her judgement thus far has been unforgivable. After all, she may know things useful to humanity and yet she kept quiet about it! I imagine she didn't say anything in order to protect herself." Krista spoke to Hange Zoe, who've kept that aloof expression on her face the whole time she listened to the girl.

Given with the circumstances, Hange can't exactly judge the situation with Historia's persuasion.

She wants to believe Historia's words, but she can't. For all she know, Historia could be Ymir's ally. She's been hiding under a fake name all this time, hasn't she? Meaning that there are things in her life she's hiding or running from.

Even Y/N's a suspect right now too, given that she's very close with Ymir also.

Ymir might've told Y/N something, Hange will need to ask Y/N for a testimony too.