52. Going to Yellowstone

"Hey bud... Before we go your mom and i have to have a little chat with you..." I say and i lift Oliver on the counter... He looks at me a little anxious... "We are going to the airport soon and we wanted to have a little talk about how people might react to seeing your dad..." Mya says and i take a deep breath... "Because he is in movies?" Oliver asks and  i nod... "Because he is in the movies... People really like him and think they know him and want to know everything about him..." Mya says and Oliver looks a little confused or maybe weirded out... 

"People will take pictures of him and will come to say hi..." Mya says and pauses for a second. "We want to protect you, because as soon as people see you... Well, they will know you are my kid... And people will want to know all about you... But because you are just a kid so we dont want that... So, i got you this..." I say and pull out a little Nasa cap for kids... He takes the cap and puts it on his head and i smile... "Maybe we should have not gotten him a NASA one..." Mya mumbles and i chuckle as he looks even more like me now... 

"Also... You have to hold mine or mom's hand okay... Just in case it goes crazy... We dont want to lose you at a busy airport..." I say and he nods looking a little scared... "It will be okay sweetie... We just wanted you to know just in case, but everything will be okay..." Mya says and i sigh feeling guilty for having him be scared. 

"Okay!" He says and i smile... "Good now let's go and drop of Steve and Bucky at Scott's house and then we can go to the airport..." I say and he pouts... "Can they really not come with us?" He asks again and Mya sighs... "No... We talked about this... They are going to stay with Uncle Scott..." Mya says a little tired of this discussion again... When we told him they would stay with Scott he had a little meltdown. It had been a bit shocking, but it was bound to happen he was a kid after all. It just showed he was getting comfortable around here. Yes, it is strange being happy about a meltdown.  

"But i want to show uncle Tyler and Aunt Sarah our dogs..." He protests again. "That is why we took all those pictures bud... We are going to be busy with packing up your stuff for the move so it is better that they will be staying with Scott..." I say and he sighs... "Fine..." He mumbles still pouting and jumps off the counter giving me a heart attack. 

He stomps out of the kitchen and Mya sigh pinching the bridge of her nose... "He will be fine baby..." I say and Mya looks at me... "I know... I am just a little anxious about going home and saying goodbye to everyone and this is not helping. Let's hope he will be in a better mood the next 2 weeks... We have enough to do..." She says and i smile and hug her... "I know baby... I know..." I mumble hugging her rubbing her back. "I just feel sick..." She sighs... "Having doubts?" I ask and she looks up and smiles... "No... I really dont but i am going to miss the people there... I made friends... Oliver made friends..." She says before kissing me. "It is not like we are never going to visit baby... I promise we will visit..." I say and she smiles and lays her head on my chest...

"LET'S GO!!!" Oliver yells from down the hall and Mya groans... I chuckle and let her go before taking her hand... "I love him, it is just the changes... I love him, it is just the changes..." She mumbles and i chuckle again... "Okay bud let's get in the car..." I say squeezing Mya's hand and Oliver runs outside towards the car. After locking up the house we make our way to Scott's place. 

After dropping the dogs off and Oliver having another meltdown, we are now at the airport... We are waiting to board and Oliver is sitting watching cartoons on his iPad. "Do you think he is acting out because of the move?" I ask Mya and she sighs... "Maybe because of all the changes... We just have to be patient..." She says taking a deep breath putting her hand on her stomach... "You, okay?" I ask and she nods... "Yeah, i am just a little bit nauseous. I haven't eaten that much this morning..." She mumbles and i sigh... "Do you want me to get you something to eat?" I ask and she shakes her head... "No... We will get something on the plane..." She mumbles and i nod... 

Finally, it is time to board the plane. Oliver sits at the window looking outside. He takes his processor off for take-off. I sit beside him to give Mya a little break as she sits behind us... I had told her to bring a book and to just relax and listen to music and that i would keep Oliver entertained... She had gotten the brunt of his moods the last couple of days, and she deserved a little relaxation. 

The plane ride goes without any mood swings. After take-off i hand Oliver his processor back and he links to his iPad and watches cartoons until our layover. 

When we finally arrive in Yellowstone, we get to Mya's car that had been dropped off by her friends. "Can you drive?" Mya asks handing me the keys and i nod looking at her worried. "Still not feeling well?" I ask and she nods... I open the door for Mya and helping her in... "You look a little pale." I mumble and she sighs... "I will be fine... Maybe need a little nap back home..." She hums and i nod. After buckling Oliver in i get behind the wheel. I look around the car... "Never thought you would drive a car as big as this..." I say smiling and Mya chuckles... "It comes with live here..." She mumbles and i start the car and take off... 

With Mya directing me we arrive at the house... Walking through the front door is strange... Last time i was here i did not get further than the front porch.  Oliver immediately runs to his room to play, and Mya shows me around... In the hallway are the doors to her practice... At the end is the door to the private parts of the house... The house is cozy... It really represents Mya... The house just feels warm and cozy... Even her office is cozy... The exam room is cold and looks sterile but that is to be expected... Oliver comes running in again and takes my hand dragging me off to show me his room... I look over my shoulder and Mya smiles... She still looks a little pale and i cant help but be a little worried...