Chapter 46

The Halstead's were all watching a film, which Cassie had been talking about in English Literature - Saving Private Ryan.

Erin had been watching Jay closely, as she knew it was a distressing topic for him.

A scene had started, which set Jay's hidden post traumatic stress to rise. 

Jay went to pick up the remote to change the scene, but froze.

The remote was stationary in Jay's singular hand, and the scene was still playing.

"Dad...? I-I like this part..." Cassie spoke up.

Erin was shocked that her little girl would admit that she liked the war scene, but she was also wondering, what was going through her husband's head.

Erin sat next to Jay, and gently placed a soft hand on Jay's lower back, reassuring him. that she was taking the remote.

Erin placed the remote on the table, and stayed silent.

"What's wrong with daddy...?" Cassie wondered.

Erin noticed Jay's eyes darting to the tv, she knew he was mentally in Afghanistan.

"He just needs a minute. Babe..." Erin whispered.

Erin got off the couch, and turned off the tv.

"Ugh! Mom!" Cassie groaned.

Erin ignored her eldest daughter's groans, and instructed her an activity.

"No. Go get your pyjamas on, you got school in the morning. I'll be there to tuck you in a bit..." Erin instructed.

Cassie tried to protest, but knew she wouldn't win.

"Fine! Come on. Ashlyn..." Cassie sighed.

Ashlyn toddled over, and grabbed Cassie's hand.

After the girls left. Erin sat in front of Jay.

Erin took Jay's shaking hands in hers, rubbing his thumbs softly.

"Your okay, your in Chicago. Come back to me, baby..." Erin spoke softly.

Jay could hear the gunshots in his ears from the film, and he was now facing a blank tv screen.

"I-I'm s-sorry..." Jay mumbled.

Erin sat back onto the couch, and gently pulled Jay's head onto her chest.

"You never have to apologise for having a flashback. I get them all the time, you just have to take five, and be aware of your surroundings. No matter how long it takes..." Erin soothed.

Jay let out a strangled sob, and buried his head in his wife's neck, letting out soft whimpers.

"Shh... I got you, my sweet baby. I got you..." Erin shushed gently.

Erin kept shushing her crying husband, until she felt his breath even out.

"Come on. Let's get ourselves to bed. You look wiped, babe." Erin pointed out.

Jay got up, and held Erin's warm hand tightly.

Erin and Jay soon got into bed, after saying goodnight to their two girls.

As Jay took his shirt off. Erin noticed, but she didn't mind. It wasn't uncommon for Jay to be half-naked all the time.

Jay got into the warm bed, and started kissing Erin's collarbone.

"Mmm... Are you sure...? Don't you wanna have a clear head...?" Erin asked.

Jay shook his head, and continued kissing his girl's soft skin.

"God!" Erin moaned.

Erin grazed her nails against Jay's back, and arched her back.

"I think I wanna have a baby..." Erin admitted.

Erin agreed, he was ready to welcome another Halstead to the family.

"Let's do it then..." Jay whispered.

Erin and Jay began to roll over, and started to get tangled up in the duvets.

Hi My Readers!!

Hope you enjoyed this part!!

Comment and Vote!!

~Stay Safe 🙂