Chapter 118

It had been a week since Jay had been abducted by Abby and everything was going well. Until Erin had a nightmare.

Erin and Jay were asleep when Erin began to have a nightmare, causing her to inadvertently injure Jay.

As Erin tossed and turned, she accidentally struck Jay in the stomach.

Jay groaned, realizing Erin was having a nightmare.

"Babe? Hey! It's alright," Jay reassured her.

Erin wept and fought to open her eyes, still half-caught in the dream.

"Wake up for me, baby. It's alright," Jay continued to comfort her.

Erin suddenly woke from her nightmare, clinging to Jay.

"Ugh..." Jay grimaced in pain.

Erin drew back, seeing Jay cradle his stomach.

"Is everything okay?" Erin inquired.

Jay managed a smile and nodded in assurance.

Erin sensed something was amiss, fearing she had inadvertently hurt Jay once more.

"Lift up your shirt..." she whispered.

Jay shook his head, attempting to embrace Erin.

"No! Lift up your shirt!" she insisted.

With a sigh, Jay complied, understanding that Erin needed to see the unintended consequence. He raised his shirt.

A small bruise was emerging on the side of his stomach.

Erin gasped, tears welling up.

"It's okay! It doesn't even hurt..." Jay reassured her, trying to soothe her distress.

Erin was in disbelief that she had accidentally hit Jay in her sleep once more.

"I hit you... I'm so sorry!" Erin exclaimed, tears welling up in her eyes.

Jay simply shook his head and embraced Erin comfortingly.

"No, I think I should sleep on the couch..." Erin proposed hesitantly.

"You don't need to do that. It was just a light tap. I'm okay!" Jay consoled her.

Nevertheless, Erin climbed out of bed and reached for her robe.

"No, I don't want to risk hitting you again. It's the safest option," Erin affirmed with a nod.

Jay attempted to call Erin back, but she had already left.

"Dammit..." He muttered.

Erin walked over to the couch and settled herself on it.

In the middle of the night, Erin tiptoed into the bedroom and saw Jay deeply asleep.

Feeling guilty, she gently climbed onto the bed, maneuvered Jay's arm behind his head, and carefully lifted his shirt to place ice on the bruise. "I can see what you're doing..." Jay murmured sleepily.

Startled, Erin removed the ice and stepped off the bed. "I-I'm sorry! I was just trying to ice the bruise. Should I go?" she stammered, nodding.

Jay adjusted his shirt and firmly shook his head. "No, I mean, I don't want you on that uncomfortable couch. I'd take it over you any day. I want you here, in bed with me," Jay insisted.

"You sure? You want me in bed with you? I might hit you again..." Erin whispered.

Jay sighed and looked down.

"Stop making excuses and get your skinny ass in this bed!" Jay ordered.

Erin got into the bed and Jay pulled Erin into his arms.

"There. That's better... I felt lonely without my warm pillow..." Jay whispered.

Erin smiled and sighed softly.

After a few minutes. Erin and Jay were fast asleep.

Hi My Readers!!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

Feel Free to Comment and Vote!!

~Stay Safe 🙂