Chapter 97

It was nearly morning. The unit was in the bullpen when Antonio pulled Jay aside.

Jay sighed; he had been anticipating Antonio's question all day. "Have you told her?"

"Have you told her?" Antonio inquired.

Jay hung his head and sighed.

"Not yet, but I will," Jay promised.

Antonio sighed and fixed his gaze on Jay.

"I mean it, Jay. Do it today, or I'm telling her," Antonio whispered.

Jay nodded and made his way to his desk.

Midday arrived, and pizza was on the menu for the unit's lunch, but Jay wasn't interested.

Erin approached and logged Jay out of the computer.

"I'll keep logging you out until you eat your lunch," Erin declared.

Jay sighed and started to eat his pizza in small bites.

Erin watched as Jay made his way to the locker room.

"Guys, it's time to speak up. Has Jay said or done anything that could explain why he's not eating and always goes to the locker room?" Erin asked.

The unit pondered, and Antonio looked down.

"Antonio?" Erin prompted.

Antonio wished he hadn't made his facial expressions so revealing.

"When I went to refill my bottle, Jay was vomiting into the toilet. I asked why; he said it wasn't what it looked like. I've seen this before, and it all points to an eating disorder. He promised me he'd stop," Antonio sighed.

Erin rose and headed towards the locker room, the unit following her.

As Erin swung the door open, Jay was vomiting into the toilet.

Erin rushed over and pulled Jay away from the toilet.

"No! What are you doing? You stupid idiot!" Erin exclaimed.

Jay looked up and saw his wife.

"I SHOULD NEVER HAVE TRUSTED YOU!" Jay glared at Antonio.

Antonio approached, but Erin stood up.

"No! I wouldn't have known if Antonio hadn't told me! Why are you doing this to yourself, Jay?" Erin demanded.

Jay stood up and wiped his mouth.

"Do you know how it feels? To see all of you with your skinny, fit bodies? Running fast while I'm still behind? Thinking you're all staring at me? Every day, I feel the urge to force myself to vomit all my food! It's killing me!" Jay's voice broke.

The unit felt terrible; they had no clue their best friend was suffering so much.

Erin pulled Jay into an embrace, and they both collapsed to the ground.

"You can't keep doing this to yourself. Honey, I'm going to call Cassie's doctor—the one she sees when she's struggling. Right now. I'll get you a sandwich, and I won't take you home until I've seen you eat it," Erin insisted.

Jay nodded and leaned back against the wall.

"Make sure he doesn't vomit any more food, or vomit at all. I want him to stay calm and relaxed while I go get him a sandwich." Erin ordered.

The unit nodded and sat down on the floor beside Jay.

Erin exited the locker room, retrieving an orange juice and a sandwich from her bag.

"Erin? What's happening? Where is everyone?" Hank inquired.

Erin turned to see Hank behind her and let out a sigh.

"Jay's dealing with an eating disorder. I'm getting him some food and a drink," Erin explained.

Hank gave a nod of understanding and accompanied Erin back to the locker room.

Entering the Locker room, Erin took a seat next to Jay.

"Here's a sandwich and some orange juice," Erin said with a smile.

Jay glanced at the unit and then at Hank.

"Guys, you have paperwork to do! Get on it!" Hank commanded.

The unit acknowledged with a nod and exited the locker room.

Erin unwrapped a sandwich half and offered it to Jay.

"Go ahead, kiddo! It's okay," Hank murmured softly.

Jay bit into the sandwich, struggling to suppress the urge to spit it out.

"Hey, no, no. Allow the food to settle in your stomach. You need it," Erin whispered softly.

The food settled in Jay's stomach, and he began to sob uncontrollably.

"Why did you let me eat it?" Jay wept.

Erin drew Jay close, cradling him tenderly.

"Because I'm your wife, and I can't bear to watch you suffer from hunger," Erin said softly.

Erin embraced Jay, whispering sweet nothings into his ear while cradling him in her lap.

After a few hours, Erin gently laid Jay's head on her lap and stroked his eyes.

The gentle caress of Erin's fingers caused Jay's eyes to shut involuntarily, and he slipped into sleep.

Erin kissed Jay's head and fell asleep.

1 New Message - Dr Lewis 
Dear Mrs. Lindsay.
 The check-up appointment for your husband, Mr. Jason Halstead, has been scheduled for March 27th.
Kind Regards
Liam Lewis.

The screen went off and Erin read the message in the morning.

Hi My Readers!!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

Feel free to Comment and Vote!!

~Stay Safe 🙂