Chapter 170

The team was assembled in the bullpen as Hank stepped out of his office. "We need to make our way to Med!" He ordered.

The team members signaled their understanding with nods and stood up. "What's happening?" Adam asked.

Putting on his coat, Hank replied in a deep, rough tone, "It's Erin..."

A wave of urgency swept over the team as they quickly made their way downstairs and headed for Med.

Erin settled into the stiff chair, trying to find a comfortable position for her back.

As the team hurried by, Jay's voice cut through the commotion.

"ERIN!" Jay's voice rang out.

Turning, Erin saw her husband and embraced him

"How are you feeling?" Jay asked.

With a heavy sigh, Erin whispered back, "I feel dizzy..."

Jay guided Erin back to the chair, tenderly sweeping her hair from her forehead.

"You look exhausted, man!" Adam remarked.

Erin raised her eyes and let out another sigh.

"You think? I'm barely running on fumes," Erin confided in a hushed tone.

Jay slid into the seat beside Erin and leaned in to whisper.

"Just lean forward a bit, and I'll give your back a rub," Jay offered gently.

Erin, restless with discomfort, shifted and leaned forward, welcoming the gesture.

"These chairs are a nightmare for my back; they're hitting right where it triggers my nausea," Erin murmured, a hint of distress in her voice.

Jay's lips formed a pout while Erin took a leisurely sip of her coffee.

"What brings you here?" Hank asked.

Erin let out a sigh, her attention captured solely by the gentle touch of Jay's fingers tracing her back.

"Just a sec..." murmured Erin.

With another sigh, Erin shut her eyes.

"Looks like you're getting to her, Jay," Antonio quipped with a smirk.

Matching his smirk, Jay continued to sketch delicate patterns across Erin's back.

"My grandma had a heart attack. The neighbors found her passed out on the ground," Erin divulged.

Understanding the gravity, the team exchanged solemn nods and took their seats.

Erin was quickly asleep, leaning on Jay's chest, his coat thrown over her for warmth.

"Is Erin Halstead here?" Dr Young called out.

Jay glanced at Erin, softly stroking her neck.

"The doctor's here to see you, baby," he said gently.

Erin stirred, looking up before gathering herself.

"That's me, Erin Halstead," She confirmed with a nod.

Dr Young surveyed the room before speaking in a hushed tone.

"Could we discuss this in a more private setting?" She suggested.

Erin agreed, heading to the meeting room where a hospice worker and a police officer were waiting. Her concern was evident as she took a seat.

"What's going on here?" Erin asked, a frown forming.