Chapter 62

The entire unit was gathered in the bullpen when Jay's worst enemy, Yates, arrived.

Jay rose first and strode over.

"What is he doing here?" Jay inquired.

Yates smirked and clapped his hands.

"We meet again! How is Mouse? I heard he passed away," Yates replied, an evil smirk playing on his lips.

Jay headed towards Yates, but he was stopped by the guys.

"He's not worth it..." Antonio whispered.

Jay extricated himself from Antonio's embrace and muttered under his breath as he walked away.

"You better keep that son of a bitch far away from me..." Jay snarled.

The entire unit halted and stood in complete silence.

"What are you doing here, Yates?" Kim inquired.

Yates smirked and strolled over.

"I just thought I'd check in on my fellow arresting officers," Yates said with a smile.

Hank emerged from his office and seized Yates by the collar.

"Leave my district now, or I'll have Jay remove you," Hank threatened.

Yates scoffed and adjusted his blazer.

"No need to worry, I'm leaving," Yates conceded.

The entire unit observed as Yates left the bullpen.

Hank returned to his office and slammed the door shut.

The team resettled at their desks, awaiting Jay's return.

Jay returned to the bullpen to find the unit dressed in their suits.

"What's everyone doing?" Jay asked.

"It's Mouse's funeral," Erin responded.

Jay nodded and took a seat at his desk.

"Aren't you coming?" Kim inquired.

Jay shook his head and noticed a note in his desk drawer.

"I'll... um, see you all later!" Jay said with a smile.

The unit gave a nod, and Erin observed her husband descending the stairs.

Hank strode over and holstered his gun.

"Let's go! Hermann's waiting for us at Molly's," Hank commanded.

The entire unit nodded in agreement and proceeded to walk downstairs.

Will was helping Jay settle onto the couch after he experienced an emotional breakdown.

"You don't need to be brave in front of me... It's okay to show your feelings..." said Will, offering comfort.

Jay sighed and leaned against Will's shoulder. Will, stroking Jay's hair, tried to soothe him to sleep.

After a few hours. Jay was asleep, on Will's lap. Will started to type out a text to Erin.

Jay came over and had a breakdown. He's asleep now. Have a good time at the funeral! ~W

Erin got the message, and messaged Will back.

"Jay is with Will; he had a breakdown. Will might bring Jay over soon," Erin said, glancing at the unit.

The unit members all smiled softly and took their seats at the designated spots.