Chapter 56

Erin and Jay were in the bullpen, and Monique and Abby were getting arraigned.

"Monique? How do you plead?" Judge Dooley asked.

Miss Novak put her bag down, and gave the answer.

"Not Guilty. Monique had no intention of committing assault on Detective Jay Halstead. It wasn't shown in the charts, that the victim had any allergic reactions towards Morphine." Novak explained.

Judge Dooley nodded, and looked at Jay's lawyer.

"We have every reason to believe, the assault was intentional. Monique had every rule obeyed by doctor's to check my client's records, and she didn't. Which led to my client's downfall in his health." Veronika argued.

Judge Dooley nodded, and looked at the jurors.

"Jurors? What is your verdict?" Judge Dooley asked.

Sarah stood up, and read it out.

"We find the defendant. Guilty." Sarah stated.

Monique took a shallow breath, and looked at the judge.

"Monique. You have been found guilty of aggravated assault in the 2nd Degree. This is normally a six-month sentence, but as your a nurse to this city, I'm reducing it to 3 Months. You'll be stripped from your nursing duties, until you have completed probation. Bailiffs!" Judge Dooley called.

The two guards came over, and walked Monique towards the prison van.

"Next Dockett. Ending in. 19-09-07. People Vs Abigail McSweeney." Meghan explained.

Judge Dooley took the file, and looked through it.

"Let's get this done and dusted. How do you plead?" Judge Dooley wondered.

"Guilty. The Defendant had every right to come over to Mr Halstead's house, and supply him with drugs, as well as being abusive to Mr Halstead throughout their marriage. We ask for bail to be denied, and have rape added to the charges." Novak explained.

Judge Dooley nodded, and looked at Jay's Lawyer.

"I have no objections..." Veronika nodded.

Judge Dooley nodded, and ruled the sentencing.

"Miss McSweeney. I have set a sentence for 2 Years, without rape added to the charge, but as it's now added on. I now have the ability to increase your sentence to 4 Years. I have thought about it. and I'm ruling on it. You will serve 4 Years in Cook County, until your release date." Judge Dooley explained.

Abby sighed, and got taken away by the guards.

After Abby left. Jay broke into sobs.

Erin noticed, and pouted.

"Oh. Babe!" Erin whispered.

Erin pulled Jay into her warm arms, and soothed him.

"It's over, baby. It's over..." Erin soothed.

The unit all got up, and hugged Jay tightly.

"Thanks guys!" Jay sniffled.

Hank smiled, and replied.

"You kidding? This is our family! We stick together and fall together." Hank smiled.

Jay nodded, and was happy he had a great family.

Hi My Readers!!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

Comment and Vote!!

~Stay Safe 🙂