Chapter 99

Disclaimer: Pretend that it's Jay sitting in the chair*

The day after Jay visited the doctor and received his diagnosis, he found it difficult to cope.

Erin entered the kitchen and presented Jay with a bowl of his favourite cereal.

"Here you go, babe," Erin said with a smile.

Jay smiled as he observed the Weetabix becoming increasingly soggy in the milk. "Is it alright?" Erin wondered.

Jay glanced over and gave a nod.

"Y-Yeah..." Jay said with a smile.

Erin sensed that Jay wasn't being truthful, which is precisely why she had asked the question.

"I'm going to the bathroom," Jay suggested.

Erin nodded and feigned busyness with the blender.

Once Jay had left the couch, Erin stealthily made her way to the bathroom.

"Mama, why are you following Daddy to the bathroom?" Ashlyn babbled.

Erin hushed Ashlyn and listened to the sounds of retching coming from behind the door.

The door unlocked, and Jay exited, appearing shaky and pale.

"Erin? I don't need help to use the bathroom," Jay said with a laugh.

Erin folded her arms and wore a neutral expression.

"I can't help it," Jay whispered quietly.

Erin gave a nod and made her way slowly into the bathroom.

The children observed as the door shut and locked.

Erin placed Jay on the toilet seat and embraced him.

"Why are we hugging and crying in here?" Jay sniffled.

Erin gave a wry smile and glanced down.

"Because it's the only room in this house that can be locked," Erin whispered.

Jay nodded and clung to Erin tightly.

"Remember what Liam said? I have to stand behind the door to ensure you're not throwing up your food and that you're only using the bathroom for a pee," Erin clarified.

Jay let out a soft chuckle and posed a difficult question.

"What if I get a stomach bug? Will you still be outside the door?" Jay inquired.

Erin exhaled and gazed at Jay.

"Maybe? Depends. Are you eating with your stomach bug?" Erin answered.

Jay nodded and maneuvered Erin into a position for a kiss.

"Hey! Wait! You can't just win me over with a kiss. I'm still recording this 'moment'," Erin protested.

Jay smirked and pinned Erin against the wall.

"Which moment? This one? Or the one with the thrown-up food?" Jay inquired.

Erin didn't answer and kept making out with Jay.

"How long until we have to clock in?" Jay asked, punctuating each word with a kiss.

Erin checked her watch and stated.

"2 Hours. We can spend an hour making out and the other hour getting ready..." Erin spoke seductively.

Jay smiled and knocked over any makeup brushes or hair soap bottles and got into the shower with Erin.

The steam filled the windows making it impossible to see Erin or Jay.