Chapter 86

After completing their paperwork, the unit had all gone home, leaving Jay alone in the bullpen.

Jay signed out of his computer and headed into the breakroom.

Unbeknownst to Jay, a hooded figure entered the bullpen.

Jay heard footsteps and assumed they were Adam's.

"Have you forgotten something, Adam?" inquired Jay.

Jay stepped into the bullpen when a hooded figure suddenly pushed him to the ground.

"Ah! Get off!" Jay yelled.

The hooded figure placed a hand over Jay's mouth, and Jay resisted fiercely.

JJay slid across the floor and struck the hooded figure in the face.

"Get out! Now!" Jay commanded.

The hooded figure advanced and shoved Jay into a desk, toppling him over it.

Jay winced and clutched his arm.

The hooded figure jumped over the desk and started punching and kicking Jay in the stomach and the side.

"Ouch! No, no!" Jay screamed.

The only noises were screams and thuds.

After the hooded figure departed, Jay rose, wincing from the cramps in his stomach and the ache in his arm.

"A-A-Ahh..." he grimaced. As he reached for his cell phone, it slipped from his grasp and fell to the ground.

Jay collapsed to the ground, writhing in pain until the team arrived for their shift.

As 6AM approached, the unit hurried upstairs and immediately spotted Jay.

"Jay?" Kim whispered.

Erin knelt down and softly shook Jay's arm.

"O-OWW!" Jay cried out in agony.

Erin apologized, noticing the tears streaming down her husband's face.

"Babe? What happened here?" Erin inquired.

Jay, in too much pain to speak, attempted to take deep breaths.

"This is Detective Antonio Dawson. Badge number 50259. I have an officer down with multiple injuries, possibly broken bones. Requesting an ambulance at the 21st, on the second floor of the district," Antonio relayed over the radio.

Erin was gently hushing Jay, who flinched at even the slightest touch.

The Medic's soon arrived and it was Gabby and Sylvie.

Gabby crouched down and noticed it was her ex-boyfriend.

"Hi Jay. What happened here?" Gabby asked.

Jay didn't speak. He was moving around.

"Alright, keep still for me, sweetie," Gabby whispered.

Gabby glanced at Jay and recited a few orders.

"He appears to have a broken arm. Bring the cast. And there may be broken ribs. We need the backboard, as well as the neck and head brace," Gabby commanded.

Brett nodded and gathered all the equipment.

"We've got you, honey," Gabby said with a smile.

Brett carefully positioned the brace around Jay's head and neck, then, with Gabby's assistance, secured him onto the backboard.

"We're going to get you to Med," Gabby whispered.