Chapter 92

The team was in the bullpen when Erin and Jay emerged from the locker room. Erin's shirt was untucked, and Jay appeared quite flustered.

"Umm? Do I want to know?" Hank inquired.

Both Erin and Jay blushed, avoiding eye contact.

"Alright! Unless we get a case, it's paperwork!" Hank declared.

Acknowledging the order, Erin and Jay nodded and settled at their desks.

Barry climbed the stairs into the bullpen, causing Jay to stand up quickly.

"Get out!" Jay demanded.

Barry just shook his head, a smirk on his face.

"You're late with the payment..." Barry snarled.

Jay sighed and whispered, "I had a lot on. Give me two weeks..." he pleaded.

Barry shook his head and drew his gun.

"You're too late..." Barry whispered back.

Jay reached for the gun but was swiftly put in a headlock.

"I mean it! Anyone who comes between me and Jay gets the bullet..." Barry threatened.

The entire unit drew their weapons, and Barry issued a command to Jay.

"Retrieve your boss's gun. Now!" Barry demanded.

Jay gave a slow nod and secured Hank's firearm.

"Excellent! Prepare for a journey..." Barry murmured.

Erin attempted to move, but Hank restrained her.

"Leave him. He's got a gun on Jay. I don't want this to escalate," Hank whispered.

Erin nodded, staying in her seat.

"Barry, you have a gun aimed at my detective. I ask you, please lower the weapon and release Jay. Take me instead," Hank urged.

Ashlyn and Cassie walked out but Kim managed to get up and push them back into the breakroom.

"Hi girls, go back in here. Stay here until I open the door," Kim whispered.

Cassie glanced over and saw Jay being held at gunpoint.

"Is that my dad?" Cassie asked.

Kim sighed and nodded.

"Yes, it is. I need you both to go back into the breakroom and stay there, no matter what." Kim ordered.

Cassie and Ashlyn nodded while Kim quietly closed the door.

"Barry, if you kill Jay, you're not getting out of this. You're never going to see the light of day again," Hank stated.

Barry laughed before replying.

"If I kill Jay, then everyone in this room dies with him. I'm not going back to prison," Barry declared.

Hank nodded and responded, "Alright, there's no need to use your gun. Listen, Jay's children are in the breakroom at this moment. They're frightened and anxious. One of them has already witnessed you holding Jay at gunpoint," He explained.

Barry smirked and nodded.

"Good! They can watch me sexually assault their daddy..." Barry smiled.

Barry pushed Jay against the wall and started to unbuckle his pants.

"Your gonna enjoy this..." Barry whispered.

As Barry lowered his pants, Erin struck him with a trashcan.