Chapter 39

Colleen POV

"Joshua can you bring me Lily's bib please " I ask as I sit Lily in her highchair. "I got it" he says walking up to us with it in his hand. "She is so big now" I say smiling at her. I cannot believe she is nearly a year old. " Can you feed her Josh? I have a video conference meeting online in 5 minutes" I ask him. "Sure babe. I got her" he says. I walk back into my office and sit down at my desk and turn on my Mac. I click onto the link for my meeting and wait for the organizer to start it. I lean on my hand and wait. I feel totally sweaty. Shit. I get up and quickly grab my blood glucose machine from the bathroom across the hall but before I can take it I go down on my knees. If I can just get to my chair I will be fine I think. I crawl to the chair and slide into it. I prick my finger and measure my levels. Its a 7 so its ok but I  grab some candy from my drawer and calm myself down. The organizer starts the meeting and I feel ok. I start to talk and put a smile on my face but I can feel the colour drain from my face. "Colleen" my manager says from the screen. "Yes?" I reply. "Your face has totally changed. Are you ok?" She asks me. "I am good" I reply smiling once again. She doesn't believe me. "Colleen I am calling Josh. Is he home with you?" She asks me. I nod unable to say anything. I hear her on her phone saying something as I lay my head on the desk. She knows about my medical struggles. I hear Josh calling my name as he runs down the hall. I black out.

"Baby" Josh says. "Ya?" I reply raising my head. "Whats going on?" He asks me rubbing my back. "Tired. My sugars are fine" I say showing him the machine. "Ok thanks Brenda. I got her" he says as he closes down the meeting. I hear the computer turn off and he scoops me up and brings me to our room. He lays me down in our bed. "So tired Josh" I say grabbing his wrist. "Sleep then baby" he says. "I am sitting right here" he says.

I wake up an hour and a half later and see Rachel sitting with me. "Where is Josh?" I ask sitting up. "Looking after Lily" she says. "Feeling better?" She asks. I nod rubbing my face. "Was overtired" I say. "Maybe you are getting the flu?" She says. I sit and think what is wrong with me. I sit straight up and look at her smiling. "Oh my god Rachel" I say smiling.