Chapter 114

Josh pov

We walk into the emergency department hand in hand. Dr. Samuels comes up to us and leads us into a room of 10 people feverishly buzzing around. "Colleen, need you to change in your gown so we can get going" he says smiling at both of us. I close the curtains and help Colleen out of her shirt and bra. I slide her gown on as I kiss her shoulder and her neck as I tie up the string. She smiles and holds onto my shoulders as she stands up and I take the rest of her clothes off. I place her back onto the bed as I lean in to kiss her. No one can see us. I grab her face and we have our moment as I stare into her eyes. We smile at each other. "Love you baby. Please fight for us and come back to me" I say wiping tears. She nods. "Love you so much Joshua" She says hugging me. I squeeze her tight. "Okay she is ready" I say as I open the curtains. A pair of nurses come beside her and start running IV lines in her arm and one in her leg to numb her for 48 hours after surgery. She is tearing up as they work on her as Gwen and I stand and watch grabbing each others hand. Nerves have set in. "Josh and Gwen we are going to take her now" the doctor says. Gwen walks up to her and kisses and hugs her. I can't hear what she is saying but they are emotional. I walk up and hug and kiss her. "Stay safe baby. I will be waiting for you. Love you" I say tearfully. She pulls me down to kiss her and then they start rolling her out. Gwen and I walk with her as long as we can and then wave goodbye as they take her into the OR. We sit down on the chairs and wait. "Mr Evans" a nurse asks as she approaches me. I nod standing up. "We have a waiting room for your family. They are for transplant family members as surgery will be close to 10 hours. You will be more comfortable" she says as Gwen and I follow. We walk into the room and see a couch and Tv and two beds. She points to a coffee maker and small fridge. "Make yourself comfortable. I will come get you when she is in recovery" she says as she turns to walk out. I sit on the bed and lay down. I am exhausted. Gwen lays down on the other bed. We text everyone and finally close our eyes to sleep if we can. We need to be rested to take care of Colleen later on today.