Chapter 142

Colleen POV

Josh and I release each other. "Colleen you need to listen to the doctor babe" He says. I am silent looking at the floor. "Josh please one more try" I say as I  place his hand on my stomach. "I don't know " He says with tears in his eyes. "The doctor isn't trying to be mean or cruel. He knows what he is talking about" he says. "I know" I say. I give him puppy dog eyes. He smiles and hugs me. "Any sign of more distress Colleen and I am controlling the situation" he says. He scoops me up as I wrap my arms around his neck. As he walks across the back lawn to our bedroom I am kissing his neck. "Love you" I whisper. He looks at me. "I love you more" he says kissing me on my lips. I grab his face and we start making out. We make our way through to our bedroom and he places me down on the bed. I go to pull him down with me. "Not now Colleen. We have other important stuff to do" he says as he walks out of the room. He returns a few moments later with my prescriptions and places them down at the bedside table. "You need these now" he says sternly. He reads through the labels and gives me what I need. I see him grab his phone and dial a number. He calls Tara and the diabetic specialist. I hear him hang up. "Here is whats going to happen" He says. "Tara and Sheila, the two other specialists are going to check you over. I am hiring them daily to do this. I don't care whether you like it or not. It is how it is going to be" he says. I nod and lay down in the bed. He stands up. "You want to keep the baby then you need to deal with the circumstances I lay out" he says. He goes to walk away and I grab his hand. "Babe" I say. He turns back to face me with tears running down his cheeks. "Sit with me please" I ask. "I will in a bit. Have to help with the kids" he says and turns to leave. He is not happy and for the first time ever I feel he is in charge. I have lost my opinion. I curl up in my bed and go to sleep.

I hear my bedroom door open and see Tara and Sheila walking in smiling. "God you are stubborn hey?" Tara says shaking her head. Sheila smiles and starts getting herself set up beside me. Josh stands at the foot of our bed. "Josh come here please" I beg. "I will when the girls are done" he says unemotionally. He has never been like this with me. I can always get him to cave. Not anymore. He means business.