Chapter 117

Colleen POV

I wake up and am in complete agony. I start crying as I start trying to rip IV's out of my arm. "Colleen stop" Josh says. "Joshua...I can't do this!There are bugs crawling into my arms" I cry. My mom comes and holds my arms down as the nurses get called. He feels my forehead. "She is really hot" he says to the nurse. "Colleen you need to stop pulling at your lines ok? Or we strap down your arms" she says. "I need to get out of here" I say trying to move out of the bed. Josh is crying and so is my Mom. "Baby! Stop....we will help you ok?" he says panicked. I lay back and they strap down my arms as they pin me down and reset my lines. I look down at my hand and it is bleeding like crazy. "Call the doctor Tammy" one nurse says to the other. "Colleen listen your fever is sky high. It is making you act irrational. I just gave you some meds. Just breathe ok" she says as I nod closing my eyes. I feel Josh kissing my cheek. "Come on baby" he whispers crying. "I am sorry Josh" I say looking at him. "Dont be baby. But you can't pull IV lines out ok?" he says. "I did what?" I say looking down at my hands. "I don't even remember doing that" I say. He looks at the nurses. "Her fever. She is hallucinating" she says to him. Dr. Samuels walks in as I am calmer and he looks me over. Takes my temperature and shakes his head. He checks my urine bag. "Not loving this" he says to Josh. Josh looks down at me and cries. "Colleen please baby" He says laying on my chest. "I would hug you but I have my arms strapped down" I say. "Colleen gonna give you some steroids. Might make you sick but they should help get your new kidney settled" he says. I see him put something in my line. He asks to speak to my family in the hallway. They don't come back for a while. I know something is very wrong.

Josh and my family come back in and sit beside me. I am still in a lot of pain and I close my eyes not wanting to talk. I don't want to hear what the doctor thinks. I move my head to the side and hear Josh jump up. "Colleen? doing ok sweetheart?" he asks me. "No. Can you just leave me be for a bit?" I ask. I hear everyone start to stand up and leave. I feel mean but I don't want anyone around. "Me too?" Josh asks. "Just for a bit please" I say. He nods and walks out the door crushed.