Chapter 54

Josh POV

We are at the doctors today for a regular appointment for Colleen. She is nearly 20 weeks and we are finding out the sex of the baby. She has been doing great other than feeling heavy and tired. As we wait for the doctor I surf through my phone. Rachel is sending me pics of Lily as she has her at the park and is keeping her as we travel back to NYC tomorrow for 4 days. Finally the doctor comes in and looks Colleen over. "Doing okay Colleen?" he asks as he takes blood from her. "Yup just tired" she says smiling at me. He lays her back and places the ultrasound on her. Colleen and I both look at the screen in anticipation. "Heartbeat is low" he says. I grab Colleens hand as I can tell she is getting upset. "Colleen its normal for babies to be a little slower when the mom is diabetic. Its all the insulin and medications" he says to us. "Okay" Colleen says and nods as she wipes a tear. "Colleen don't get upset. Baby is fine but what I want you to do is feet up as much as possible" he says. "Okay" Colleen and I both say in unison. "Can you tell what it is?" Colleen asks. He nods and smiles. "You are having a son guys! Congrats!" he says. I feel myself start shaking. "Noah" I whisper and kiss Colleens cheek. "Does he have a name already?" the doctor asks as he is wiping Colleens belly off. "Noah David" I say proudly. "Great name" the doctor says. I smile and kiss Colleen again. "So I am going to NYC tomorrow for under a week and then again around my 26 week mark is that ok?" Colleen asks. "As long as you are healthy Colleen. You will know best. No more flying after 32 weeks "he says. She sighs and smiles at me. "See you in 4 weeks guys" he says and he leaves. I hug Colleen as soon as he walks out of the room. "Babe you are carrying our son Colleen! I love you" I say crying into her shoulder. "Your little boy Josh" she says crying herself. I rub her belly as her shirt is still up. "Love when you rub my belly Josh" she says kissing my neck. "Love every bit of it. Its the greatest gift you have every given me...twice" I say breaking the hug as I help her off the exam table and grab the ultrasound picture the doctor printed off for us. I take a picture of it with the caption ITS A BOY!!!!! and send it to my Mom and Dad as Colleen does the same for her parents. Instantly my phone goes off and I answer my Moms call. "Mom Its a boy" I say crying. "We are so happy for you and Colleen, Joshua. So thrilled" she says. I finish off the call very emotionally as Colleen rubs my back. "Sooo excited " I say squeezing her hand as we slowly walk out to the car.