Chapter 129

Josh POV

I am laying there as they do the treatment. I am not in pain at all so I try to relax as much as possible. I hear the machine click off and the nurse and doctor reenter into the room from the safety of their viewing room while I was in treatment. "All done Josh. You ok?" he asks grabbing my shoulder. "We will see. I feel fine now" I say. "I will send Colleen in ok?" he says. "No I don't want her in this room where radiation was being used if thats ok?" I say. "Sure" he says smiling. "I will tell her you will be right out" he says as he walks out the door. The nurse passes me some prescriptions and stands to the side. I throw some pants on and my tshirt and lay the gown on the table. "Mr Evans you need to go out in a wheelchair, hospital policy" she says. I nod and sit down. She wheels me out and I see Colleen and Rachel waiting for me. Colleen walks up with tears in her eyes and bends down to kiss me. Rachel pushes me out as Colleen walks beside me holding my hand. "Doing okay sweetheart?" Colleen asks. "I am good" I say. "Okay Rachel is going to drive us and wait with you while I get your medications at the pharmacy and then we will go home" Colleen says. "Sounds good. Will you snuggle me at home?" I ask smiling. "Oh god Colleen he is fine" Rachel says laughing. We start to drive and pull into the specialty pharmacy we were told to go to as not every pharmacy will have my meds. Colleen walks in and I sit with Rachel. "Doing ok Josh?" she asks. I nod and close my eyes. "I need a drink" I say smiling. She reaches over and squeezes my hand. Colleen comes back 10 minutes later carrying a big bag of stuff. "Did they order all that babe?" I ask looking into the back seat. "I bought everything and anything they suggested as well" she says. She leans up to my face and kisses me on my lips. I smile and close my eyes as we continue driving.

I am laying in bed watching TV. I am feeling wiped out. I find myself going in and out of consiousness. I hear the door open and see Colleen come in smiling. "Want something to eat baby?" she asks as she sits on the side of the bed. She runs her hand through my hair looking at me. "I want a cheese sandwich" I say. "I can do that...is that all?" she asks. I nod. She goes to to get up and I pull her back down to me. She starts laughing and cuddles into me. I squeeze her tight as she kisses my neck. She pulls away and kisses my lips and walks back to the kitchen for my sandwich. I close my eyes again and drop off. I open them and look around and its completely dark outside now and Colleen is curled up beside me. "Josh you ok?" she asks sitting up. "What happened to my sandwich?" I ask. She starts to laugh. "That was 8 hours ago babe. Look on your bedside table" she says curling into me kissing my chest. I reach over and take a bite. "Tastes fresh" I say looking at her. "I made it three different times so I just made that one 15 minutes ago before crawling into bed" she says giggling. I squeeze her tight. She loves me.