Chapter 51

Colleen POV

We sit down at the restaurant and we order some soft drinks and appetizers. "I am starving" I say smiling as I grab Josh's hand. He smiles and squeezes it. "Got to feed my lady" he says with his southern drawl. "Nice to be Lily free for one night" he says. "I missed you" he says. "I know I have been working like crazy lately baby. I am sorry. I miss you too" I say as I stand up to kiss him. I love my man. "I think about you and Lil all day long" I say. "When are you done here?" He asks. "Looks like two more weeks and then we will be home for a bit. I think I will be back two more times but they will be shorter so you don't have to come" I say as they put the appetizers in front of us. "Oh no. I am coming most definitely" he says. "Need to babysit me?" I ask getting slightly annoyed. "No I need to be with my wife" he says sweetly making me embarrassed I was getting angry. We enjoy the rest of our evening at the restaurant and slowly make our way back to the apartment. Josh has his arm wrapped around me as I have both of my arms around his waist. "So tired" I say yawning. "You must be. What time do you start working tomorrow?" he asks. I smile up at him. "I took the rest of the week off" I say. He stops. "What? Really?" he says with tears in his eyes. I nod and kiss him. "Oh my god I am so happy baby. I miss you" he says. I laugh and hug him and we share many kisses the rest of the walk home. As we step in the elevator I lean into Josh and kiss him while he leans against the wall. His hands are are resting on my skirt and normally I hate any type of public display but I miss him so bad I roll with it. "Rachel is taking care of Lily tomorrow morning for us so we get to sleep in" I say as we step off on our floor. He smiles. "Full of surprises Mrs Evans" he says kissing my lips.

We crawl into bed that night after taking my insulin and watch TV. I lay against Josh's chest and feeling him breath below me is so comforting to me. I rest my hand on his chest. There is no other place I would rather be. I roll off of him a short time late and sit up. "Feel edgy" I say. He grabs my hand. "You just took your insulin babe. You should be good but I will get you some bread or something" as he darts down the hall. I hear Rachel talking to him and he shoots into the room with her. "What syringe did you take babe?" Josh asks. "From the blue bin" I say. "Colleen earlier the bin feel out of the fridge and I didn't realize you were on a new one" she says to me scared. "Babe it could be the emergency one with the extra sugars making you wired. Just eat while I call the doctor" Josh says as Rachel sits down. "So sorry Colleen" Rachel says crying.