Chapter 124

Josh POV

"Rachel I need to tell you something. I need to tell someone" I say looking down at my feet. "Whats wrong Josh?" she asks. I can tell she is concerned by my tone. "Colleen is probably watching from the window so please watch your reaction. She doesn't know" I say. "Josh, you are freaking me out " she says. "I went to go get fixed today and the doctor said based on my blood tests I have high PSA levels. Might be prostate cancer" I say looking at her. "Holy fuck" she says going to grab for me. "No don't Rachel. I can't alarm her" I say. "Might be nothing" I say. "You have to tell her! Josh imagine how you would feel if she held back this information from you if the roles were reversed" she says. "I knew you were going to say that. The only reason why I am holding back is she is recovering and I want her to heal and not worry. I will tell her when I find out in two weeks for sure. I will call the doctor from Hawaii" I say. "Josh I am so sorry but if Colleen finds out I knew and you knew and didn't tell her, we are in big trouble. Like trouble won't be a big enough word to explain the wrath she will go into. You need her buddy. Please" Rachel says with tears in her eyes. "Rachel please hold it together. I am trusting you.... please. I can't do this to her now" I say. She gives me a hug and she squeezes me a little tighter and quickly gets in her car. I look at her as she backs down the driveway and is full out crying. Fuck, I feel awful for telling her but I needed to tell someone.
I turn around and walk into the man cave. I walk into the bathroom and lock it. I sit down on the toilet lid and cry as quietly as I can. I think of everyone in my life. I wipe my face and stand up and unlock the door after a few minutes and start to make my way into the house. As soon as I open the door Colleen is walking in. "Sorry didn't want to stink up the house" I say laughing as I lie. I grab her hand and she pulls me back. "I don't think you know this but a wife usually knows her husband really well" she says rubbing my cheek. "Huh?" I say pretending to play dumb. "Joshua spill it" she says. "I was just talking to Rachel about a surprise I am doing for Hawaii. I got emotional" I say as I lean down to kiss her. She grabs me closer and we make out. She is pressing herself against me. I needed her touch. I hug her after the kiss and just hold her. "Can't wait for Hawaii" she says snuggling into me. "Me neither" I say kissing her neck as I stop myself from getting super emotional.