Chapter 140

Colleen POV

"Colleen we need to take the baby. You have congestive heart failure. You are backing up with fluids. Do you understand?" the doctor says staring down at me. I shake my head no crying. I can't speak as I have tube down my throat. I point to my wedding ring basically suggesting I want Josh. "Want your husband?" He asks trying to understand. I nod slowly as I cry. I see him leave as I close my eyes. I hear Josh rush in and grab my hand. "Mr Evans she has congestive heart failure. We need to terminate the pregnancy or Colleens life is at risk" he says. Josh is crying kissing my hand. He looks down at me. "Babe we tried. We have no choice" he says crying more. I shake my head no squeezing his hand. "Colleen you will die!" He says. I continue to shake my head looking at him begging with my eyes that he listen to me. "Let me take your tubes out" the doctor says as Josh stands back. I start coughing as the tubes slide out of my throat. "I am keeping my baby!" I say angrily. "Colleen please listen to me!" the doctor begs. "No!" I say. "Discharge me now!" I say. "What? Colleen?" Josh says. "Get me my sister now! " I say crying. Josh tries to grab for me. "Leave me alone! You just gave in and almost made me loose our child!" I scream. I see Rachel peek into the room. She comes running in and Josh tells her everything. "Sis!" She says. "Just take me home. I will take care of myself" I say. The nurse brings me in a wheelchair as Rachel helps me sit down. "Baby please. You are so sick" Josh says walking beside me. I stop the wheelchair and stare right into Josh's face. "You gave up on our child! Don't talk to me. You aren't a real father" I say angrily. "Colleen, Josh loves you" Rachel says. I look at Josh sitting on the floor. "He wants things easier. But sometimes life is hard. You need to deal with it and work through it. Get me home!" I say to Rachel as we push past Josh. I see my parents come in the hospital and they see Josh. "Whats going on?" My mom asks. "What do you care? You haven't talked to me in weeks" I say crying now. "Rachel now" I ask. We roll past my parents and I have never felt so alone in my life.