Chapter 111

Colleen pov

It is killing me see Josh so upset. He doesn't sleep and hardly eats but today the days of not taking care of himself are catching up to him. He has gone home to sleep as I sit with my Mom, Dad and Lisa. "Is Josh doing ok?" I ask Lisa. "Honestly, no. Last night he sat in the hallway for over an hour crying" she says sadly. "It is killing me. I want to go home. Be with him and the kids" I say. My mom nods. "I will go ask the nurses  about getting that wish granted" my mom says as she grabs my dads hand and they go out to talk to the medical team. "Lisa, I love your son more than myself. His love for me has taught me so much. You and Greg raised a great son. And now in turn he is a fantastic husband and father. I need to know he will be ok. I don't want him to dwell. I want him to find someone to love. He has so much love to give" I say crying. Lisa is crying as well as she is holding my hand. "Colleen I promise you if its the last thing I do. I will make sure he is happy. You are his world and that will take time" Lisa says hugging me. Her and I hug each other tight until I hear the door open. Josh is standing there. "Why are you crying?" He asks rushing in. "We were talking sweetheart. About taking care of you" I say grabbing for him. Lisa hugs him quickly and leaves the room. "Babe what were you talking about?" He asks me sitting on the bed. "I needed your moms help" I say. "I want to make sure you are being looked after when I am ..." I say before he cuts me off. "Colleen enough! I don't want to hear it" he says getting upset. "I just love you babe. I worry about you. You have so much love to give" I say kissing his hand. He is getting angry so I drop the subject. My mom and dad walk back in the room. "Colleen, the nurse says they can have a nurse come by the house while you are home. She says you can go home tonight if you want" she says smiling. Josh looks at me shocked. "You can't leave the hospital Colleen" he says with tears in his eyes. "I am sweetheart. I want to see the kids" I say. He is angry. He goes to walk out of the room and my mom grabs him. He shakes his arm and she looses her grip. I can hear him crying. This is too final for him. I sit in my bed and cry watching him. I am watching him die in front of me. This isn't the happy, optimistic Josh I know. My dad comes over and hugs me. "Colleen he will come around sweetheart" he says holding me. I stop crying a few minutes later and take a deep breath. "Lets get out of here Dad" I say. My mom walks over and helps me get dressed as my dad gathers my stuff I will need for the night as the medical team organizes medical help for when I arrive at home for the next 24 hours. Need to see my kids. Be with everyone I love.