Chapter 145

Josh POV

Tara and Sheila come in to see Colleen. "Josh can we talk to you before seeing her?" Tara asks. I nod and we sit on the couch. "First how is she?" Tara asks. "She was good and started to feel tight chested this morning but the meds started to work" I say. They nod. "Okay so we are going to suggest some oxygen. At least to have on standby" Sheila says as Tara says. "Ok" I say. "The daily shots are going to continue and we are going to take some blood today to make sure the water levels are lowering around her heart" Tara says. "For sure" I say. They get up to go see her. "Guys" I say stopping them. "Thank you for taking care of her. You put my mind at ease and I trust you to tell me the truth. Please don't hold back" I say. They nod and smile. "Josh we know you guys love each other. It shows every minute and we are glad to help her have the final baby" Tara says laughing. "We are done I promise" I say  laughing as I follow them.

We walk in and see Colleen sitting on the edge of the bed as she turn to see us. "Tara" Colleen says almost crying. Tara walks up to her as I crawl onto the bed behind her. Colleen leans back on me struggling to breath. I run my fingers through her hair calming her. Tara lifts her tshirt and listens to her heart through her stethoscope. "Colleen lets give you a shot again ok?" She says. Colleen nods and faces me like she did yesterday. Tara places some oxygen on her before she gets her shot ready. I see Colleen deep breathing. "Better?" I ask. She nods holding my hands. Tara gives her the shot as Colleen cries. "Its ok baby" I say rubbing her neck. I lay her back down and watch her. "How is that?" Tara says asking Colleen. "Much better" Colleen says smiling. "Wanna listen to the baby now?" Tara asks as Sheila takes blood from her. Colleen nods smiling looking at me. Tara starts feeling Colleens stomach and places the wand on her. We hear it beating so nice and fast. "Sounds good" Tara says rubbing the gel off of Colleens belly. Colleen lifts her mask up and leans in to kiss me. I kiss her back hard. "You guys gonna find out what you are having?" Tara asks packing up. I look at Colleen. "I want a surprise" she says. I nod tearing up. I mouth love you to her as she stares at me. Tara and Sheila leave and I come back to Colleen. "Now I think you promised me an ending to that start earlier?" She says smiling. I crawl up to her. "I always keep my promises" I say smiling as we spend then next hour loving each other. Our connection is incredible.