Chapter 144

Colleen POV

I wake up and see Josh laying beside me sleeping. I am trying to take a deep breath but can't and start to panic. I sit up and look for my meds. I sit on the edge and start taking them with my left over gingerale. I feel hands on my waist as Josh kneels behind me. "Babe you ok?" He asks looking at me over my shoulder. "Breathing is bad. When is Tara coming?" I ask as Josh jumps in front of me. "Noon" he says concerned. I start breathing easier. He is watching my every move. His hand rests on my heart. I instantly feel calmed. I smile at him and lean in to kiss him. "Getting better" I say rubbing his cheek. "Don't look so worried babe" I say. "I don't know how you can say that" he says standing up to leave. He is mad. I grab his hand and he pulls it out. "You are being so mean to me Josh! I am trying and I...." I say starting to cry. He starts to hug me crying. "I just want you to love me" I say sobbing. "Colleen, I love you so much. You know that" he says. "you aren't showing it" I say pulling away from him laying down. "I am sorry baby. I am trying to be strong. I will do better" he says snuggling behind me. I turn over to look at him. "I am afraid to tell you if anything is wrong. You are so upset" I say. "Sorry" he says sadly. He grabs my face and slowly kisses me. One of those kisses that reaches my toes with his slow lingering lips. I pull back and smile. "That was a start" I giggle. "I would give you the ending as well but want the girls to look you over first" he says smiling. "Ohhh you are a tease Mr Evans" I say as I lean in and slowly french kiss him. Two can play at this game. I hear him moan as I pull away. "Who wants the ending more now?" I say smiling. "You win. You always do" he says trying to compose himself. He starts to sit up. "I am going to get you some food. Be right back" he says as he quickly leaves. I lay in bed with his tshirt he took off last night tucked under my face waiting. I hear him come back in with waffles and strawberries and juice. I sit up amazed. "Wow!" I say amazed. "Tricia made them" he says laughing. We sit and eat and watch each other. I hear little footsteps coming down the hall. Lily peaks in with Noah. "Daddy" Lily says as they run towards the bed. "My babies! Come sit and eat with us" Josh says as he scoops then up with us. We all picnic on the bed and then snuggle waiting for Tara and Sheila. One of my favourite moments in life so far.