Chapter 13

Colleen POV

I pass him the card and try to contain my smile. He rips open the envelope and pulls the card out. On the front of the card is a rainbow. He laughs at the reference to the reading rainbow and opens it up probably thinking its a silly card. Inside it reads:

To My Dearest Joshua

I just wanted to tell you I love you so much and thank you for all the love you have given me. Your patience, support and kindness everyday never go unnoticed. I love you more each day as I am so proud to call you my husband.... And soon to be the father of our child in 8 months or so.

Love you baby
Colleen xoxox

He looks at me and drops the card as he starts crying. "Really baby?" He asks. "I took two tests and both are positive" I say smiling as he hugs me. "Oh my god its happening... Its happening baby" he sobs. Just listening to him is making me cry as well as I kiss his neck. He pulls me down to him as we makeout. His mouth is feverishly kissing me. I pull back from him and grab his face. "Happy baby?" I ask laughing as we both continue crying. "You have no idea" he says as he runs his hand along my stomach. "Our baby is in there babe" he says crying again. "It is sweetheart" I say as I passionately kiss him. We continue on for about 10 minutes stopping to smile at each other every few minutes until finally we just stop and stare at each other holding hands "Josh do you want to come to the doctors with me tomorrow at 1130am?" I ask. "Yes of course" he says smiling. I hug him tight and we just cuddle all night.

We wake up the next day and head to my doctors appointment. I am sitting on the edge of the exam table nervously picking at my fingernails as we wait for the doctor. "Colleen... Everything will be fine babe" Josh says sensing I am on edge. The doctor walks in and starts asking me questions about my last period and takes my weight. He listens to my heart and then examines my stomach. "Any pain Colleen?" He asks me. "No" I say. He lifts me back up and takes some blood. "Just gonna run a hormone level test ... Totally normal" he says smiling. "Well Colleen looks like you are due March 12th and are just over 5 weeks pregnant" he says smiling. "Congratulations and See you in 4 weeks" he says and he leaves. I turn to look at Josh and he is silently crying. "Josh baby stop. You are going to make me start" I say as I put my clothes back on. He smiles and hugs me. "Colleen we are pregnant baby" he says sobbing again. I wrap my arms around him and giggle. "Need to eat sweetheart" I say leaning against him. We walk out and back to the car. Josh drives to our sushi place and we sit and talk. He is on cloud 9. My phone goes off in my purse. Caller ID is my agent. "Jennifer hey!" I say while watching Josh's face. I listen to her speak and all the colour leaves my face. Josh looks concerned as the smile has disappeared. "Colleen did you hear me? CBS bought your sitcom for a year! This is what you have been waiting for!" She says. I close my eyes and hold my head. "Jennifer, Josh and I just found out we are expecting in March. When does this start?" I ask with tears running down my face. "Taping would be this fall and release in February and writing immediately" she says. "Aren't you excited?" She says . "I am Jenn just trying to soak this all in. Thank you" I say. Josh looks at me grabbing my hand. "What was that about?" He asks. "They bought my sitcom" I say in a daze. " WHAAAAT?" he says almost screaming. "That is amazing babe!!!" He says getting up to hug me."What a day!" Josh says excitedly.