Chapter 113

Colleen POV

It is the middle of the night and I wake up. I start to cry knowing this might be the last time I sleep in my bed with Josh. I roll over and see him staring at me. He has tears streaming down his face looking at me. "You haven't slept have you?" I ask. He shakes his head no. "I don't want to waste a moment sleeping babe" he says as he grabs me carefully and hugs me. "Joshua I love you baby. When you miss me know I am missing you too and I will always be with you" I say. He nods. We lay there quietly just holding each other. "Babe can you grab me some water?" I ask. "Are you ok? Do you need to go back to the hospital?" He asks panicked. "Just water sweetheart. I am fine" I say smiling. He slips out from under me and walks out to the kitchen. I hear Joshua's phone ring on his bedside table. I grab it without looking who it is. It's 2:42am. "Hello?" I say. "Colleen. Its Dr. Samuels. We have a donor kidney. You need to come back to the hospital now" he says. I start to cry. "Oh my god thank you" I say hardly being able to breathe. "Meet me at emergency. The transplant team is waiting" he says. I hang up and sob. I see Josh walk back into the room and he starts worrying as soon as he sees me crying at the edge of the bed. "Colleen whats going on babe?" He asks rushing up to me. "Joshua.... The hospital.." I say sobbing. He starts panicking getting clothes on. "No Joshua. It isn't bad babe its good!" I say. He stops and looks puzzled. "The doctor just called. They have a kidney for me" I say smiling. He looks at me in shock. He drops to his knees and starts crying. I hear running down the hall and see my parents rush in with Josh's mom. "Whats going on?" My mom asks sitting beside me. "The hospital called. They have a kidney and want me in there asap" I say. Everyone cries. My dad is hugging my mom and I and Lisa is on the floor hugging Josh. "I told you. Everything will work out" she says grabbing his face. We all take a breath and Josh and I get dressed and my mom comes too. My dad and Lisa stay back with the kids. I hug them all and we make our way to the car. I look at Josh and he is beaming as we drive. He is sooo happy. "We will have our grandkids babe" he says grabbing my hand as we drive.