Chapter 97

Josh POV

It is literally killing me watching Colleen so sick and ruining her body even more. Tara has come over today to check on her for her 32 week visit. I answer the door and Tara and Katie are here. "Hi ladies" I say as they walk in. "How is she?" Tara asks. "Had a great week" I say smiling. "Good to hear" Tara says as we make our way down the hall to the bedroom. She is sleeping so I ask the girls to wait as I walk in. "Baby" I say rubbing her back. "Hi" she says sleepily. "The ladies are here" I say. "Ok send them in" she says. I bend down to kiss her before I invite them in. "Hey Colleen, tired hey?" Tara asks as she puts her stuff down. Colleen nods as I sit beside her. "Going to take some blood ok?" Tara asks. Colleen holds out her arm and Tara takes what she needs. She lifts Colleens shirt up and looks at her pump. "Diabetes is doing good I see" Tara says smiling. "Yup, no real episodes after the kidney infections weeks ago" she says. Katie starts with the doppler and we listen to Jasmines heartbeat. I squeeze Colleens hand as she smiles at me. "Wow good heartbeat" Katie says. "Colleen she is big already. Got to watch her size. Might want to take her early" Katie says. Colleen nods. Katie feels around her stomach. I see her look at Tara concerned. "I think she is bum first Colleen" Katie says. "Will she turn?" I ask. "She has a few more weeks and then she will run out of room" Katie says. "I am still having her at home" Colleen says. "Colleen I don't think that is a good idea. I'm sorry" Katie says. "Katie she is being born at home" Colleen says. "Colleen listen to Katie" I say jumping in. Colleen looks at me. "She is my daughter too Colleen and I want to protect the both of you. I am putting my foot down" I say. I am angry. Everyone just stares at me. Katie is biting her lip looking at Colleens reaction. "We will talk again closer to delivery" Katie says breaking the silence as her and Tara pack up to leave. I walk them out. "I am sorry I didn't mean to cause drama but it had to be said" Katie says. "Katie I am glad you did. She can't have it her way all the time" I say as we say goodbye and they leave. I see Lily and Noah coming up the walkway with Tricia in the stroller. "Hi Daddy!" Lily says crying. "She fell at the park and hurt her knee" Tricia says. I pick her up and hug her and carry her in as Tricia grabs Noah. Lily is balling. I sit her on the kitchen counter as Tricia holds her there. I grab the first aid kit and start digging for bandaids and antibiotic cream. I come back to her and start cleaning it out as Tricia hugs her. "Daddy and I will make sure you are all good Lily" Tricia says smiling. I finally get the cream and bandaid on and pass Lily a popsicle. "Mommy look!" Lily says. I turn to see Colleen standing there staring at us. "Hi baby" I say. "Lily why are you crying baby?" Colleen asks. She points to her knee. "Why are you up?" I say walking over to Colleen. "I heard my daughter crying. Is that ok? Am I wrecking your moment here?" Colleen says sarcastically. She turns and walks back to our bedroom as I close my eyes. She is upset.