Chapter 126

Colleen POV

I must have fallen asleep because I feel Rachel shaking me to wake me up as Jasmine is still on my chest sleeping on me. I look at her face and know something is wrong. "Mom can you take Jasmine please?" I ask as I pass her sleeping over to my Mom. "Rachel whats going on?" I ask as she holds my hand walking towards our condos. "Colleen just come with me ok?" she says. "The kids? Josh?" I ask getting upset. She doesn't say a word. We make our way to our condo and Rachel opens the door. I walk in and see Josh sitting on the balcony. "Go talk to him. He needs you" Rachel says as she leaves. I walk quickly over to the patio doors and start to open them as he jumps up getting startled. I see his face. He is a mess. "Joshua?" I say bending down to him so I am resting on his knees looking at his face. I am rubbing his arms up and down watching and waiting for him to speak. "Babe I didn't get the vasectomy a few weeks ago because they found something" he says quietly. My heart sinks. He looks at me. He looks so upset. "go on babe" knowing this is not the time to get angry for not telling me "They said my PSA levels were elevated and I might have prostate cancer so they ran some tests and the results would be back today" he says. I grab him starting to cry. "Joshua please tell me" I say sitting on the ground. "I phoned just now and they said I need radiation babe. They can't say whether its cancer just yet but there are abnormal pre cancerous cells causing the elevated levels" he says whimpering. "Oh my god baby" I say jumping on to his lap hugging him tight.He is crying in my shoulder holding me so tight. "Colleen I am so scared baby" he sobs. I slowly stop crying and look at him. "Babe you will be fine ok? We will get through it together" I say standing him up. He nods. "You think so?" he asks. "Yes I know so. Its just a scare baby" I say leading him back into the condo. "Joshua text Rachel to come back up here please" I say as I walk to the bedroom and start packing for him and I. I want to go now, just the two of us. I phone the little hotel I booked and ask them to add the next two nights onto my reservation. They do so with no problem. Rachel comes back in the room and hugs Josh. "Did you already tell Rachel? Did she know Josh?" I ask stopping in my tracks as I approached them. He is nervous. He nods. "You told my sister before me?" I say tearing up. "I didn't want to upset you babe. You are healing. Not until today when I knew for sure" he says. "Rachel can you take the kids an extra two nights? We are leaving now" I ask pissed off. Rachel nods "yes of course". "Where are we going babe?" he asks. "I was surprising you with a few nights away you and I and I just changed the plans. We need to go away now" I say. Rachel sits down on the living room couch as Josh and I pack for a few nights before returning. We need to get ourselves together before this issue swallows us whole.