Chapter 143

Josh POV

I sit at the foot of the bed as Tara and Sheila do their thing and talk amongst themselves. Tara has Colleen sitting up listening to her breathing through her back. Colleen has got her head down and looks super sad. I am being tough on her because I love her and this seems to be working. I slowly reach for her hand and Colleen lifts her face up to look at me smiling as she grabs it tight. "Colleen breath for me again" Tara asks. Tara's face is concerned. "Lots of fluid around your heart Colleen" she says. "Having a hard time breathing?" she asks her rubbing her back. Colleen looks at me scared to say anything. "A little" she says. Tara lays Colleen back down and Sheila talks to her while I scoot up into the bed and lay beside her. "Colleen you can't breath. This isn't worth it" I say with tears in my eyes. "Just a little difficult baby" she says running her hand along my cheek. "Colleen we are going to try a diuretic shot daily ok?" Tara says. Colleen nods. "Should help you" she adds. I see her getting it ready above Colleen. "Sit up and face Josh, Colleen. I am going to give it to you in your back" she says. I lift Colleen up and sit her cross legged in front of me. Colleen is terrified shaking as I hold her hands. I lean in to kiss her lips as Tara gives her the shot. I back off of her lips and stare into her eyes as Tara finishes. "Almost done sweetheart" I say as she leans her head into my neck. "Okay all done Colleen" Tara says. I lay her back down and just watch her as the ladies excuse themselves for the night. "Any issues call me Josh" Tara says. "I will" I say standing up to hug her and Sheila. I walk them to the door and come back to find Colleen asleep. What a trooper she is.

That night in the middle of the night I feel Colleen grab me in my sleep. "Colleen" I ask sitting up. "I just want to touch you. I am fine" she says as I lay back down. I run my hand under her shirt on her belly and kiss her. She snuggles into me quietly as I hold her tight. "Joshua?" she asks. "Yes?" I reply. "I want some food" she says. "Sure baby. One second ok?" I say jumping up in my boxers. I slide out to the kitchen and grab her some pizza and some ginger ale. I walk back into our room and she is sitting there smiling. "I love you baby" she says as I place the plate in front of her. "Love you more Colleen. Are you feeling ok?" I ask. "Yes that shot helped" she says munching away. I turn the Tv on as she eats sitting beside me. "Oh my god" she says sitting up more. "What?" I say panicked. "The baby is kicking! Feel!" she says. I run my hand along her belly and feel it. I look at her and smile. "Someone wanted food" I say kissing her cheek.