Chapter 84

Colleen POV

I phone all of  Tricia's references and they all have amazing things to say about her. She used to live in Wyoming but her boyfriend got a job in LA so she followed him. I call Tricia back later that afternoon and ask her to start immediately so she is coming tomorrow. "I phoned her back" I say as I walk out to Josh as he plays in the backyard with Lily and Noah sits in his bouncy chair. "Great!" He says as he holds Lily down her slide. I sit down on the ground beside Noah and lay my hand on his stomach watching him. "He looks so much like you babe" I say towards Josh. Josh smiles as him and Lily come to snuggle me on the ground. "Love you Mommy" Lily says as she flops down on me. "Oww" I say not expecting her to do that. "Lily! Be careful of Mommy's tummy" Josh says taking her off me. "Colleen?" He says concerned. "She didn't know babe. I am ok" I say. Lily is crying hugging Josh. "You didn't hurt Mommy babe. You just surprised me" I say rubbing her back. "Its ok sweetheart" Josh says feeling bad for raising his voice. "Mommy has a baby inside her belly" Josh says to her. Lily stops crying and looks at me. "Again?" She asks. Josh and I start laughing. "Again baby" Josh says smiling. "Another Noah?" She asks holding Josh's face. "Could be a little girl or little boy" Josh tells her. "I hope its a girl. I am tired of boys" she says. I start laughing. "Me too Lily!" I say laughing. "Hey!!!! Daddy is a boy. Are you tired of me?" He asks Lily laughing. "Nooooo" she says hugging his neck giggling. "I am" I say sarcastically as I laugh walking back in the house with Noah in my arms.

I start making dinner as the 3 others relax watching a movie. I make some chicken and mashed potatoes and some stir fry for myself and Josh as I don't want chicken. We finally sit down and Lily is downing her food. "Like it?" I say laughing as she eats every piece. "You cook good Mommy" she says. "She does" Josh says. We finish up dinner and Josh takes both kids into the bath to get ready for bed while I clean up and then relax. I hear my pump go off and I lift up my shirt to read it. Is it out of insulin already? I just put a new one in this morning. The screen says: ABNORMAL in big writing. Never seen this before. I text Rachel to come over now as I am scared at whats happening. I walk over to the bathroom and see Josh kneeling at the tub. "Josh" I say as my legs start giving out. I grab onto the door frame and slide down to the floor. "Baby!" He says as I see him lift Noah out of the tub and helps Lily out. He crawls over to me. "Colleen!" He says again looking down at me. I lift up my pump and show him the screen. "What does that mean babe?" He asks. "Don't know......" I say as I hold onto him. I hear Lily crying behind him as he gets up to grab my blood glucose machine to grab a manual reading. He slides down on the floor as Rachel comes racing in. "Rachel what are you doing here?" He asks. "She texted me " she says as she runs in to Lily and Noah. He does a blood glucose test. "Holy shit Rachel....43!" He says crying.