Chapter 134

Colleen POV

Josh is back in treatment this morning as I wait with Rachel. "Colleen I think the family should know don't you?" Rachel asks me. "Its really up to Josh. He doesn't want the attention" I say. "Mrs Evans?" a nurse shouts into the waiting room. I stand up and walk towards her. "Follow me please" she says. "Is he okay? The last time he walked out on his own" I ask. "He is a little sick" she says. My heart sinks. I walk into a recovery room and I see him sleeping with an IV in his arm. He looks paler than usual. I walk up to him and pull up the chair beside him. I squeeze his hand and kiss it as I stare at his fingers. I love everything about him. "Baby?" he says weakly. "Joshua babe. You OK?" I ask standing up to look at him. "So sick babe" he says. I slightly nod not knowing what to say. I see a nurse come up to us. "You feel sick still Josh?" she asks grabbing his arm. "Very" he says. He looks at me and I know what that face means. I grab a basin and let him vomit over and over again. I have my one hand on his back and the nurse is lifting him on the other side. She squeezes my hand on his back and smiles at me as she sees me crying. "Oh my god Josh" I say. The nurse waits til he is done and rolls him to face me and gives him a shot in his butt. I am grabbing his face talking to him. "Baby you will feel better ok? she just gave you something" I say. He nods. "Love you baby" he says as the nurse slowly rolls him back. "Love you more" I say. He is breathing so heavy as I kiss his hand. The nurse comes back and watches him. She takes his temperature. "Its really high" she says as she walks away. She walks back with Joshs doctor a minute later and he looks Josh over. "Colleen, we are going to admit him overnight ok?" He says. "He is too sick to send home and with a fever I am just not comfortable" he says. I nod. I text Rachel to come back and as soon as she sees him she starts tearing up and grabs his hand. "Oh my god Colleen" she says looking at me. "They are keeping him overnight. Can you grab us some things and come back? I wanna stay here as well overnight" I ask. "No problem" she says as she turns to leave. I text her a list and sit beside Josh again. He opens his eyes with tears in them. "Nauseous?" I ask. "Pain" he says really crying now. He is grabbing onto the bedrails. I hit the nurse call button as I lift his sheets. "Don't see any new burns babe" I say confused. The nurses come over and checks him out. "Mrs Evans he has burns under his skin right now. If you place your hand on his stomach here you can feel how hot his skin is" she says as she places ice packs all over his lower half. I am wiping his tears watching him cry grabbing me. "Baby, it will get better ok?" I say making eye contact getting him to breathe. He starts calming down and releases his grip. This is horrible.