Chapter 107

Josh POV

I just got off the phone with Colleen and I am balling. Why did I leave the hospital? I don't know why she is going into surgery. Tim pats my back as we pull into the hospital parking lot. "Josh they will take good care of her" he says to me as he turns off the car. " I just want to see her. She is terrified" I say as I leap out of the car and we make it up to her floor. I see them rolling her out of her room. "Colleen!" I say crying as she is half out of it. I grab her hand and look at the doctor. "Josh her good kidney is full of toxins. We need to eliminate them and put her body into a semi coma on purpose to force her body to heal" he says. "What?" I say. "Josh it is affecting all of her organs. We have to do it for about a week" he says as they continue to wheel her down the hall. "Is it safe?" I ask squeezing her hand. He nods. "Josh?" Colleen whispers. "Yes baby. I am here ok?" I say wiping my tears. "How are my babies?" She asks. "Good babe. I love you" I say. "Love you more" she says. They push her through the doors I cannot go in through so I let her hand go and I see her hand still trying to grab for me. It breaks my heart. I sit down in the chairs in a trance. Tim sits beside me in silence. I look at him and he is crying too. He jumps onto his phone and tells Rachel and Gwen what is happening. I hear them crying and I stand up and move away from him. I am loosing it. My phone rings and its Charlie, my best friend. "Hey" I say. "I just phoned your house and Rachel told me you rushed to the hospital. Whats happening man?" He asks seriously. "Colleen ... Her organs are failing... She is in surgery" I say sobbing. "Josh! Listen to me. She will be good ok? I was  calling to tell you that I was flying to LA at the end of the week for work but I am going to change my flight asap. I am coming ok buddy?" He says. I nod. "Thank you Charlie" I say. "I will phone your parents and fill them in. I am sure you don't want to talk much ok?" He asks. "Thanks" I say and hang up. I sit down and stare out the window waiting on word about her. I look at my lock screen on my phone and see my usual wallpaper of a picture of her and I on the beach a year ago. I rub my thumb along her face and cry all over my phone. I don't even feel my body anymore. I have gone numb.