Chapter 63

JOsh POV

"Mr Evans, Colleens kidneys were on the verge of shutting down. We have her on dialysis trying to flush her from creatinines" the doctor says to me in the hallway. "Will she be ok?" I ask. "She will be. She has definitely has some damage to her bile duct near her left kidney but I will worry about that later. I think when we get her fixed up she should be put on a diabetic pump. This will be 24/7 machine that runs right into her blood stream constantly measuring her sugars and administering the insulin she needs with it. It is revolutionary but it comes with a price of $10,000 dollars and lasts about 5 years before needing to be replaced. But I can get a diabetic doctor to talk to you about that when she is ready" he says. I shake his hand and thank him over and over. I walk back into the room and see her sitting in the chair beside the window with her Mom and sister. She smiles when I approach her. "Feeling better?" I ask her. "By the minute" she says. "How long will I be here for Josh?" she asks. "I want to come home to look after Noah" she says tearing up. "Teeny and Steph have him and Lily babe" I say. "I want to go home. Its been 3 days already" she says crying as Rachel stands up and hugs her. "I am not sure babe" I say. I walk over to the bag I brought with me this morning from home and open it up in front of her. "Look what Teeny bought you babe" I say. I hold up a onesie with "MOM' written all over it. I smile and she smiles. "Tell her thank you" she says and looks back out the window. Rachel and Gwen look at me and they know I want some time alone with her. "Just going to get some food. We will be back in 30 minutes" Rachel says as they both get up to leave. I sit beside Colleen and kiss her cheek. She smiles and grabs my hand. "Love you so much Colleen" I say carressing her cheek."Love you too" she says. "Thank you for Noah babe. I know your body isn't happy right now but we have our dream family now" I say kissing her lips again. "you are welcome sweetheart" she says as she hugs me. "Love you Josh" she says sobbing. I start crying listening to her break. "Colleen I love you so much more" I nuzzle her. I break the hug and set up the laptop in front of us. "Want to watch some videos?" I ask her. "Sure" she says leaning into me. I make sure my hand doesn't knock her IV out and hold her close. WE spend the rest of the morning cuddling before she gets tired and wants in bed. I walk her over slowly as I push her dialysis cart over to her bedside. I cover her with our comforter from home and pull up a chair to sit beside her as she dozes off. "Love you so much" I whisper as low as possible. Gwen and Rachel smile as they watch her sleep as well. I stand up and hug them both and semi break down. I need to let it out.