Chapter 95

Josh POV

I am sitting in the waiting room of emergency alone. My phone vibrates. "Rachel" I say. "Whats happening?" She asks. "She is having contractions and is bleeding" I reply upset. "I am coming there now and will come back to the kids tonight to relieve Tricia" she says. "Ok thanks" I reply. I hang up and wait. About ten minutes later I see a doctor approach me. "Mr Evans, Colleen is resting down the hall. She is still having contractions even though we have given her medications to stop them. We can't do anymore. Fate will now intervene. If the contractions continue she will go into labour and deliver stillborn as she is only 20 weeks" he says. I am in shock. "Mr Evans, did you want to see your wife?" He asks. I nod knocking myself out of my trance. He leads me down the hall to her room. I walk in and see Colleen laying on her side. "Baby" I say sobbing. "I am loosing our girl Joshua" she cries. "Calm Colleen, please" I say kissing her cheek. She grabs me tight and moans in pain. "Contraction?" I ask. She nods crying. I place my hand on her stomach and rub her belly. "Breathe sweetheart" I say watching Colleens face. She stops crying and looks at me. "Its gone" she says smiling. "Shorter that time?" I ask. She nods smiling. I smile. "Baby whatever happens, happens ok?" I say. "Want you safe" I say. Just then Rachel comes through the door and Colleen and her hug. We tell her what is going on. Colleen lays sleeping as each of us have her hand. She wakes up instantly with another contraction as Rachel and I both stand up. I rub her belly again and talk her through it. She smiles. "done" she says. "See baby? They are getting shorter and way farther apart" I say smiling kissing her lips. She nods. "Colleen when I get you home, you and my baby girl are staying in bed or the couch for the next 20 weeks" I say. "I will don't worry" she says. I keep rubbing her belly. I lean down to kiss it. "Baby girl please stay inside Mommy" I say. Colleen grabs me and we kiss. "Ok it is getting awkward" Rachel says laughing. "Sorry" I start saying. "Don't apologize. You guys are going through an emotional moment. I just wish I was invisible" Rachel says. "We need a name for her baby" I say to Colleen. "Jasmine?  " Colleen says watching me. "Love it" I say smiling.

The doctor walks in two hours later. "Colleen just gonna check you since you haven't had any contractions for the last few hours" he says to her. Colleen lays on her back and he reaches inside her as she grabs me. "Still don't think its over Colleen" he says. He pushes down on her lower stomach as she grabs me even tighter. "You are a little dilated and your cervix is still soft. There is a chance it will start again. I will send you home but I want complete bedrest. All the time. No standing other than showering or walking to the bathroom. And absolutely no sex. That means oral and intercourse" he says. I nod looking down at her. "See you in my office next week" he says and walks out. "Lets go home baby. Need to take care of the ladies" I say kissing her lips. "Again I am in the room" Rachel says laughing. I need to protect them. My girls.