Chapter 120

Josh POV

She spent the next week getting even better. Her incisions were healing and internally her new kidney was functioning great. She would be on anti rejection medicine for the next 6 months but that was a small price to pay for her being home with me. The doctor walked in today and was checking her over as he usually does daily. "Colleen things are really looking good. Your blood tests and urine tests are normal. I think you can go home today if you want?" He says smiling. I start crying looking at her as she holds her hands over her mouth sobbing. I rub her back gently as she looks at me. "I want to go home baby" she says. "You are babe" I say wiping my own face. "Colleen let me just check you over physically so I can close your chart and then you and Josh can go" he says. Colleen nods. The doctor does a complete exam on her as I watch. She is holding my hand the whole time. She is rolled over onto her side and the doctor calls me over. "Joshua I am going to order some medicated dressing to heal the stitches faster as her diabetes is slowing the healing process down. I want you to change this daily for the next two weeks" he says to me pointing to her incision. "if it gets inflamed or infected please call me or go see your family doctor" he says. "No problem" I say smiling. "Colleen let me check you internally please" he says. I hold onto one of Colleens knees and he reaches inside of her. "Holy shit!" She cries. "Sorry , was just checking how you are healing from birth. I guess from your reaction we know the answer. No sex you two for another month" he says. "Okay" Colleen says wiping a tear from her face. The doctor signs the chart and hands me two prescriptions to get filled for her. She starts to sit up and get dressed. "Joshua" she says sadly. "I really need you" she says. "I am here babe" I say rubbing her knee. "I mean sex" she says. "Are you begging for sex Mrs Evans?" I say laughing. She smiles and nods and pouts. "You just had Jasmine three weeks ago. Too soon anyways babe. Plus I need to get fixed" I say as I pack things up for her. "Josh don't get fixed" she says. I stop what I am doing and stare at her. "Babe usually I will give you anything you want but another baby is not going to happen" I say as I kiss her cheek.

We drive home excitedly holding hands. The kids don't know we are coming home but everyone is at our house. I pull up to our house and can't even get to our driveway. I step out of the car as its still running at the bottom of the driveway and help Colleen up the front steps. Everyone cheers and greets her. "I am just going to park the car" I say as I run back out once she is being helped. I jump back in my car and drive to a spot on the curb. I pick up my phone and dial our doctors office. "Hi this is Joshua Evans. I would like to book a vasectomy".