Toothbrush (Dwalin x reader)

(a/n: The song you sing is Toothbrush by DNCE.)

You were a hummer. You just couldn't help it and today, a particularly suggestive song was stuck in your head. The music in your head was the one thing you had from your own world. You'd fallen through some kind of wormhole or whatever and ended up in Middle Earth with the Company of Thorin Oakenshield. You'd immediately taken a liking to Thorin's closest friend, Dwalin. The brusque dwarf was the only one who seemed to be able to ignore your incessant humming, but this time, you were going to get under his skin if it killed you. And, knowing Dwalin, it just might.

You were staying at the Master's house in Lake Town when you decided to turn on the charm...sort of. You went in search of Dwalin and found him standing outside looking up at The Lonely Mountain with his brother and Bilbo. You smirked to yourself and decided to make yourself known by doing what you did best. Humming. You began softly and then, you started singing the words, never taking your eyes off the bald dwarf.

Baby you don't have to rush
You can leave a toothbrush
At my place
At my place
We don't need to keep it hush
You can leave a toothbrush
At my place
At my place
'Cause I just, I just can't let you go
Give me something I never know
So baby you don't have to rush
You can leave a toothbrush
At my place
At my place

Dwalin turned to look at you, but you simply went on singing. It really was a suggestive song and you knew it, but you just couldn't beat the look of surprise on Dwalin's usually stoic face. When Balin and Bilbo seemed to realize you were just trying to get to Dwalin, they hurried away and you continued singing.

Stuck in a limbo
Half hypnotized
Each time I let you stay the night, stay the night
Up in the morning
Tangled in sheets
We play the moment on repeat, on repeat

When you're standing there in your underwear
And my T-shirt from the night before
With your messed up hair
And your feet still bare
Would you mind closing the bedroom door (ah ooh)

Dwalin held up his hand. "Come on, Y/N. That's enough of that. Yer gonna give an old dwarf the wrong idea," he said gruffly. You laughed at him, but kept on singing as you got closer to him.

Baby you don't have to rush
You can leave a toothbrush
At my place
At my place
We don't need to keep it hush
You can leave a toothbrush
At my place
At my place
'Cause I just, I just can't let you go
Give me something I never know
So baby you don't have to rush
You can leave a toothbrush
At my place
At my place

No need to question next time we meet
I know you're coming home with me, home with me
Sweat like a sauna
Break out the ice
I know you're gonna stay the night, stay the night

Dwalin sighed deeply. "Ya know, that is really irritating, Y/N," he said gruffly. You kept singing the chorus over and over until Dwalin groaned loudly and pulled you to him, pressing a kiss to your lips. You were so shocked you couldn't say anything. You simply stared at him. Dwalin's smirk eventually got the best of you and you asked, "Why?" Dwalin's strong arm still held you to him. "Couldn't think of another way ta shut ya up." You laughed and replied, "You should shut me up more often."