[4] - Words With Thorns

Soooooo this is a bit angsty maybe? It's hurt/comfort anywyas

--

"You can't just use your logic for everything in Thomas life, right now he needs to be cautious!" Virgil muttered, shooting an angry glance at Logan who pushed his glasses up while looking annoyed.

"Well you are being too cautious." He shot back. "You're going to blow this for Thomas."

The other Sides and Thomas were watching Virgil and Logan. They never actually fought. They had disagreements and they debated things and they are usually annoyed because of the other one. But now they both seems to be angry.

"Uh maybe we could debate instead of fight?" Thomas asked cautiously. Neither Logan nor Virgil initiated that they had heard him and they heard Virgil loudly tell Logan about all the times his logic had caused a problem instead of solving one. Logan surprised everyone by yelling his comeback to Virgil instead of remaining his normal calm self.

"You are just holding Thomas back in life, I can't even see why you are needed." Logan cried, gesturing violently. Roman raised his eyebrows and looked at Patton and Thomas. They both looked back and shrugged. This was a new situation, they had never had to break up a fight between Logan and Virgil before and they weren't sure how to handle this.

"Uh, Logan. Virgil?" Patton tried, but to no avail. They kept yelling things at each other. Thomas heard Virgil say something mean about Logan's tie and Logan replied back with an insult about Virgil's hoodie, and sighed. This was getting out of hand, they didn't even come up with good insults anymore. They just said whatever came first to their mind.

"You're a waste of space. Without anxiety we might actually get somewhere in our discussions. You are always just arguing against us and ruining things. Everyone hates you." Logan says, so angry that his face is red. Virgil blinked.

"Don't you think I already know that? Come on, come up with something new." Virgil sneered, trying to hide his hurt, this comment really got to him, that they all could see. Patton gasped. Virgil seemed to realise what he said and looked up at the others in the room, as if he suddenly remembered they where here too. Logan did the same. Virgil threw a last angry glance at Logan and teleported away.

--

Virgil was very angry at Logan. Could he not just leave him alone? He always stood there with his facts and his logic, trying to be smart. Which he is of course, but Virgil doesn't like that he is always reminded of it. He turned on his computer, put on some angry sounding music and crawled under the covers in his bed. It seemed tempting to just stay under there forever.

The anger Virgil felt towards everything faded away fairly quick though, and left him just feeling unhappy and pathetic. Even Logan had to point out that no one likes him. No one would choose to spend time with him and no one would ever wish to have him around.

It's one thing knowing it yourself but having it pointed out by someone else is just pathetic. And that is what Virgil is. Sad and pathetic.

--

The others looked at Logan who was now stood in the silence after the fight. He felt very judged by the others stares and it was probably the truth too. He judged himself. He hadn't meant to hurt Virgil but he had a hard time not thinking about the look that Virgil had given him. He had looked angry, but he had also looked sad. Logan had seen the hurt in his eyes.

"Don't look at me like that." He mumbled at Roman, Patton and Thomas with his arms crossed and looking down at his shoes.

"I think you really hurt him." Roman clarified and Logan groaned.