[14] - Valentine's Day

Everyone likes a cute valentines fic and I wanted to write something short and sweet ;)

--

It was Valentines day.

Logan and Virgil had been dating for a few months now and Virgil wanted to do something for Valentine's day. Not something big, just something small.

Roman was probably going to go all out and do something huge for Patton, last year he covered the floor of the living room with heart shaped red pieces of paper and Patton had bought five kilos of these jelly hearts covered in sugar. Both Virgil and Logan thought that that was excessive. Virgil doubted that Logan had thought to do something on Valentine's day but Virgil still wanted to give him something.

He had bought a book for him. It sounded a bit lame but it was a book that he had seen Logan pick up every time they went to a bookstore but never buy, so he knew that it was a book that he wanted to read. He had also planned on writing a little poem for him because Logan liked poems. That was what he was currently attempting, it was harder than he'd thought. Mostly because he felt that these eight lines needed to be perfect.

He had several ideas for what to write, he just needed to decide on the best one. This may or may not have taken him twenty minutes already. But he was almost done.

He scribbled down the last line and decided that it was good enough because he felt a bit proud over it. He also decided that he should give it to Logan as soon as possible, if he waited then he'd start staring at the words he had written and the longer he looked at it the more he would start to hate it. The last time he saw Logan was on the couch in the living room of the mind scape so he decided to look for him there.

He did find him there, but he also found Roman and Patton. Virgil didn't want to give it to him in front of them, the thought made the butterflies in his stomach go wild. Instead he called his name and gestured for him to come over. Logan did so and Virgil dragged him with him out in the hallway.

"Hey, since it's Valentine's day and all, I got you this." Virgil said, flashing him a nervous smile and handing him the book and the paper with the poem on it. Logan looked at the book with a surprised expression.

"How did you know I wanted this book?" He gasped softly, a lovely smile forming on his lips.

"Well it wasn't hard to figure out, every single time you've dragged me with you to a bookstore I've seen you look longingly at this book." Virgil said. He was really glad that Logan liked it. He then opened up the note that Virgil had written and read it. He didn't say anything but his cheeks turned slightly pink and his smile widened so Virgil knew he liked it.

"Wait here, I got you something too." Logan said before sinking out, presumably to his room. Virgil hadn't expected that. They hadn't talked anything about Valentine's or made any plans so Virgil hadn't thought Logan would go through the trouble. When he came back he was holding a purple rose and a little card that he handed to him.

"The rose was white from the beginning but I managed to color it by letting it stand in a vase with purple water. I tried to match the color to the color of your hoodie and I think I managed pretty well." He said, pointing a finger from the rose to one of the purple patches. He was right, they had exactly the same color. It was really sweet, he had never been given a rose before. He opened up the card and read what was written on it.

I love you a lot <3

ps: I finally got a Netflix account
so we can watch that show you
keep talking about.

"I love you too." Virgil grinned, leaning in to peck his boyfriend on the lips. Logan cupped Virgil's face in his hands and kissed him back softly. It was a tender kiss, a soft brush against his lips. This was his favorite kind of kiss, it was slow and so full of love and it made him feel safe. Virgil pulled away before it escalated (like it had so many times before) and buried his face in the crook of Logan's neck.

--

Written: 14th February 2018
Published: 14th February 2018
Words: 776