[130] - Ice Cream And Embarrassment (Part Two)

Warnings: sympathetic deceit (Dee) because I needed a babysitter lmao, slightest hint of insecurity at one point I guess

Summary: they go on the date :), logans point of view this time, mostly

--

Virgil (08 253 43 53), 6:53pm
Hey, Lo, I'll be about five minutes late since the babysitter wasn't on time, sorry

Logan, 6:55pm
Don't worry about it, and please drive safe.

Logan stared down at his phone with the slightest of smiles.

It had taken almost two weeks, but they had finally been able to decide on when to have their first date. Logan did not know much about being a father, but he supposed Virgil was very busy, having two children to take care of.

Since Logan had met them once, even if briefly, he understood why it might be exhausting to parent them, especially as Virgil was a single parent. Though Logan found them quite endearing, and it was clear from the way Virgil spoke (well, texted) of them that they meant the world to him.

Though Logan had felt bad for Virgil as they met, his kids had clearly dragged him into a situation he was very uncomfortable in, but Logan couldn't help being grateful. He hadn't been this excited for a date in a long time. Then again, neither had he had a date in a long time, what with work and other things taking up most of his time. (Not to mention the fact that perhaps Logan was not the most social of people.)

But he and Virgil had had the time to text a lot these past two weeks, and Logan was thrilled. Virgil seemed like a genuinely pleasant person. It had been easy to keep conversations going over text and Logan hoped it wouldn't be much different in person.

After all it seemed they had many interests in common. They were both fans of tv shows such as Doctor Who, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Supernatural, Sherlock, and Friends. Logan had even found out that Virgil's favorite book series were one of the ones he himself had read several times.

Virgil also said he enjoyed stargazing, and Logan hoped that if they would be going on more dates than this one that he'd be able to take Virgil stargazing. Neither of them seemed to be too fond of crowded events, even though Virgil had mentioned that he'd been going to a lot of concerts a few years ago.

The date they had decided on was to go to the movies. Both had seemed to like that idea and deciding on what movie to see did not take them long. And now he was waiting outside of the movie theatre where they were going to meet.

Logan spotted Virgil a moment later, and he had to take a moment to let his eyes look Virgil up and down, and he decided immediately that he liked the sight. Virgil had dressed up for the occasion, wearing the same hoodie as he seemed to usually wear, yes, but he was also wearing a black button up and a pair of black ripped jeans. If Logan wasn't mistaking himself Virgil also wore black eyeliner.

"Hey." Virgil said, sounding slightly breathless.

"Hello." Logan smiled but was unsure of how else to greet Virgil. Shaking hands seemed a bit too formal. A hug was perhaps a bit too friendly. He settled on gesturing towards the entry and they entered together.

"You look handsome." He said, surprising Logan. He hadn't thought his looks were anything special. He was only wearing a pair of black pants, a new dark blue button up, and a tie in a slightly brighter blue.

"Thank you, so do you." Logan said, hoping he sounded as honest as he was, because Virgil really should know how good looking he was. 

The two of them walked together, finding themselves where it was clear that people bought snacks before the movie they were going to see. Logan was slightly overwhelmed by the sheer number of different kinds of candy, sodas, chips, and everything that could be bought.