[39] - Anxious

Request from Pengi11 I hope this doesn't suck and isn't too far away from what you had imagined😅

No, I normally do not take requests, and no, I do not have requests open.

Warnings: anxiety attack, pining idiots, and bad writing

The title captures how I feel about posting this

Summary: Virgil is anxious and it goes downhill from there. Then I guess it goes uphill?

--

They weren't even arguing. Todays filming of the video was going very well. And that is why Virgil thought it just seemed insanely stupid for him to feel anxious. After all, he had no reason whatsoever to be anxious at the moment. Virgil could not even think of anything that he was stressed over. Except the fact that he was anxious, he was stressed because of that. But the filming was going well, he did not want to intervene.

So instead of acknowledging the others of his growing feelings of uneasiness he did his best to ignore them and push them away. He didn't want to ruin it for the others. They'd be disappointed if they had to film everything again or if they had to postpone the rest of the filming to another day.

Patton would be unnecessarily worried about him, Logan would be annoyed because it ruined the filming schedule he had set up and Princey would have yet another thing to be mad at him for. This was not making him feel any better and if he wasn't feeing so anxious he would have laughed at the irony of his anxiety causing his anxiety to intensify.

Instead he just tried to focus on his breathing and ran the exercises in his head, trying to not look suspicious as he looked around the room to find five things he could see. His breath hitched as he saw Logan look at him in the corner of his eye. Why was Logan looking at him?

Was he sensing that Virgil was feeling anxious? Did his hoodie look weird? Did he have something in his hair? Could Logan read his mind and knew exactly what he was thinking? Was he breathing louder than normal? Had he done something weird? Did he somehow figure out the feelings Virgil held for him? The possibilities were endless and they all made him more anxious.

He struggled to fill his lungs with air. Four things he can touch? He let his hands wander, touching his hoodie, looking in his pockets and finding a folded piece of paper, a short thread that had fallen off of his hoodie a few days earlier that he had put in his pocket and forgotten about, and his set of keys.

He could feel his throat close up, he knew he was close to tears and his eyes stung from refusing to blink. His grounding techniques were not enough this time, he needs to be alone, preferably somewhere dark, maybe his room. Somewhere where he doesn't have to worry about the others paying attention to him.

He saw Logan sending him a worried glance. Fuck. Logan could see right through him, couldn't he? He sincerely hoped he wouldn't draw attention to Virgil's anxious state. Please do not point it out. Please do not point it out. Please do not-

"Virgil, are you alright?" His head snapped up and he stared at Roman. He had been the one to say something, not Logan, like he had thought. Was he hiding it so badly that even Roman noticed? Oh god no, now all of them was looking at him and he felt as if their gazes burned. He completely forgot all about his grounding techniques and tried to make his brain and mouth cooperate to answer him.