[159] - Constellations

Warnings: no

Non au

--

"Is this really a good idea?" Virgil whispered-hissed.

"Yes, Virgil, quietly now." Logan said lowly, pulling at his arm before slowly opening the door to Roman's room. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Virgil roll his eyes and he could practically hear him think 'as if I don't know that'. Virgil followed him into Roman's room and through it, towards the door to the imagination. 

Virgil looked incredibly tense and as if he expected them to be caught any moment and Logan would admit that he was not feeling the most relaxed either, this was not something he did often. 

Only now and then.

He almost stumbled over something on Roman's floor, feeling Virgil's hand grab onto the back of his shirt to steady him. Logan glanced back at Virgil who gave him an exasperated glare, shaking his head. Logan turned his head back towards the door which he had reached. He reached a hand out and opened it carefully, glancing back out over the room, towards the doorless doorway across the room that led to the smaller room where Roman had his bed.

He held the door open for Virgil who quickly passed through, waiting on the grass outside in the imagination.

"I cannot believe you talked me into this." Virgil whispered loudly as the door had been closed behind them.

"Well. We are doing nothing wrong. Everyone is allowed in the imagination and even if Roman may not want us to be entering his room while he is asleep, well, what he does not know will not hurt him. In this case, at least." Logan said, already walking away from the door. He head Virgil huff and then the sound of his footsteps in the grass as he followed.

It was night time in the imagination too as Roman had set it to follow the day as Thomas was experiencing it, nearing one in the morning to be precise. The stars were bright in the sky, brighter than they'd ever be in the city where Thomas lived. 

Virgil hurried up beside Logan, matching his pace. He saw how Virgil looked up, his mouth making an 'o' shape as he saw the sky, seeing how pretty it was. Neither of them said anything for a few minutes, continuing on their way out onto the centre of a field. Logan stopped, Virgil continuing two steps forward because he once again had his eyes on the sky and didn't see where he was going or that Logan had stopped.  Then he looked back at Logan.

"So this is what you do at night when we aren't hanging out?" Virgil had an eyebrow raised and looked right at him, though as soon as Logan met his eyes Virgil fixed his gaze on the sky again.

"Whenever I feel the need to, yes." Logan said, not elaborating any further. This is what he did whenever he found himself too overwhelmed with stress to sleep, or at the times he managed to overwork himself to the point of even him realizing he needed a break.

Neither of those were the reasons for tonight though, tonight he was here because he had recently found out about his and Virgil's mutual interest in stars and he thought that Virgil would appreciate this.

Since the both of them had an unhealthy habit of staying up rather late they had somehow started to spend their sleepless nights together, at first only sitting together in the living room  doing their own thing. Then after a while ending up in long conversations ranging between numerous topics. 

At one point these nights had even stopped taking place in the living room and instead been moved to Logan's bedroom where there was less of a chance that anyone would walk in on them and scold them for being up so late (aka, they didn't want to risk Patton seeing them and going into 'dad mode').