[176] - Ruin It

Warnings: nope, none, just soft bois here, much kissing

Text post prompt:

short one, but I just really had to

--

Virgil nervously pulled at the sleeves of his hoodie, trying to collect his thoughts and his bravery so he could speak. He'd come to Logan's room, closed the door behind him, so now of course Logan was expecting him to speak, state why he was there.

Logan was standing right in front of him, looking as stupidly handsome as ever. They all had the same body and yet Logan managed to be the most attractive one? The injustice. How was Virgil supposed to not fall for him when he was so smart, so good at reasoning with his anxiety, so cute, so brilliant, and excited about space and plants and physics and other complicated things.

Sure, he's hot headed and weirdly obsessed with crofters and tries to pretend he has no feelings despite very obviously having a lot of them, but despite that Virgil is still standing here in Logan's room, about to tell him how he feels. How he was supposed to do that without chicken out was difficult though, right now he half prepared to run out the door and pretend this never happened.

He'd just have to use the rip-of-the-bandaid technique, otherwise he'd never get it out with. Virgil took a deep breath, meeting Logan's eyes (and almost losing his concentration immediately, why was Logan standing there with at tiny smile? Was he trying to murder Virgil?)

"Look, I don't want to ruin our friendship or anything, but I really want to kiss y-"

"Ruin it." Logan interrupted before possibly having the time to think through what he was saying and Virgil stared at him for a moment but Logan did not take back what he had said, almost giving him a challenging look instead, and Virgil took a step closer, then leaning in the last little bit and softly brushing his lips to Logan's in a quick kiss. 

It felt far more exhilarating than he'd expected.

They barely parted before kissing again, Virgil placed his hand on Logan's chest to steady himself, he could feel Logan's heart beating hard beneath his fingertips and if his own heart hadn't been racing before it definitely was now that Logan had the time to properly return the kiss, his hands on Virgil's waist, at first just holding him in place but then pulling him closer.

He moved his hand to grip to Logan's tie, his other one cupping his jaw and they kissed until they were both breathless. Virgil had to take several seconds to collect himself before even opening his eyes again and when he did he was met with a flustered Logan (somehow making his even cuter, what kind of sorcery-).

"How's our friendship?" Logan wondered quietly and a small laugh escaped Virgil.

"Definitely ruined." He said and Logan pressed his lips to Virgil's again, gently, and one of his hands moved from his waist in under his hoodie, being placed on the small of his back. He carefully pulled at Logan's tie, deepening the kiss, parting his lips to allow Logan better access.

It wasn't rushed or heated in that way, but soft, almost careful, better than anything Virgil had been able to imagine. When they parted Virgil had to make an effort not to chase Logan's lips, at least Logan looked just as flustered and breathlessly happy as Virgil felt. He let go of Logan's tie, placing both hands on his shoulders and avoiding the urge to hide his face to take a while to collect himself, sort his thoughts out and feel less like a gay mess.

Virgil tried not to stare at Logan's lips, because if he did he wouldn't be able to keep himself from kissing him again, and no matter how tempting it was to allow himself to give in to that temptation he somehow willed himself to take a step back. Just enough so they weren't standing pressed together with their faces an inch apart, but still close enough so that Logan didn't let go of him, because if he did then Virgil would likely have the time to get nervous.

Then he accidentally glanced down at Logan's lips and he caved, Logan already having leaned in halfway to let their lips meet again. They should probably talk about what all this kissing meant for their friendship and possible relationship, but it would have to wait just a little while longer.

--

Written: 17th May 2020
Published: 1st August 2020
Words: 780

I wanna write more kisses hhh

Also! I wrote a oneshot today :D yay motivation, finally