[131] - Late Home

Gimme them domestic analogical

Human au

Warnings: no

--

Logan has just quietly closed the door behind himself, and now he's standing in the darkness of the hallway, trying to get his shoes off without having to bend down and untie his shoelaces. He manages to kick them off eventually, internally swearing as one of them hits the corner of the radiator, it's nearing two-thirty in the morning and the last thing he needs is to make loads of noise.

He leaved his bag with his laptop and work stuff right there on the hallways floor, not bothering to put it away. His jacket he throws over the small table where he and his husband usually dumps the mail. Logan momentarily stops, leaning a hand against the wall and yawns. The meeting at work hadn't actually dragged out on the time too much, but it'd been held a bit too far away and it had taken Logan a long time to get back home, and Logan was exhausted.

The door to the bedroom is open and Logan has already unbuttoned his button up as he enters, letting it fall to the floor as he unbuckled his belt. He loses his boxers too, changing into a comfortable pair of boxer shorts.

And then he topples into bed, immediately feeling almost as if his soul left his body at the sheer comfort of somewhere to lie down. Or perhaps that was just his consciousness already slipping away. Logan rolled over onto his side and threw an arm out to cuddle up to and press a kiss to his husbands cheek- only to realize he is not in bed.

Logan forced his eyes open and stared at the empty space next to him, taking a minute to will himself to sit back up.

A moment later Logan is forcing himself out of bed, no matter how soft and welcoming the mattress and his pillow are, now looking for his lover, wherever he might be this time of the night. Most likely he has just gone to the bathroom, or he has fallen asleep on the couch or by the kitchen table while waiting for Logan to get home.

Even though Logan had told him not to stay up waiting, that he'd be really late home and it wasn't worth it. He rubs his eyes, scanning the kitchen. It's empty, except for their cat who's taking this opportunity to be drinking from, presumably, his husbands glass of water now that it is not guarded. Logan doesn't bother chasing her down from the table, instead only turns around and walks away.

Curled up on the couch in the living room he finds him, fast asleep with a blanket tightly wrapped around him, a cup of a no longer hot drink dangerously placed in his hand. Logan has to admit he's slightly impressed that it hasn't been spilled yet. But also very glad that he don't have to wipe it up from the floor.

He sighed, smiled, and then crossed the room, first of all carefully taking the cup from his lovers hands and instead slowly putting it down on the coffee table to not make a sound, unsure why he is trying to be quiet when he's going to wake him anyway. 

"Virgil." He whispers, shaking his shoulder gently. Virgil stirs a bit, scrunching his nose, then blinking, staring up at Logan for several seconds before Logan can see any sort of recognition in his eyes. 

Then he's fighting his way out from under the blanket, his then free arms being thrown around Logan's shoulders, pulling him down and he buries his face into the crook of Logan's neck. However nice the embrace is Logan isn't standing too comfortably, bent over as he is, and neither should they be sleeping on the couch. That won't be kind to their backs nor necks.

Luckily for him Virgil's hold was not very tight. Logan kissed Virgil's cheek, then his lips, Virgil kissing back in that sloppy, half-asleep way. Logan smiles against Virgil's lips, then standing back up and trying to get Virgil up too, get them both into bed. 

"How's work," Virgil slurs as he stumbles after Logan, still almost half asleep, then continuing with, "what time is it?" 

"The meeting was fine, though slow and time consuming. And it's about two-thirty in the morning, we should both be in bed." Logan said, feeling Virgil's warm arm around his waist as they made it out of the living room. Virgil sighed, leaning his head briefly on Logan's shoulder and then removed his arm from around Logan.

"Yeah. In a moment. I'm thirsty and-" Virgil was cut off by a yawn, then turned around and walked into the kitchen without continuing what he had been about to say. Logan followed him into the kitchen, slightly reluctantly. He'd been awake for the last twenty and a half hours, both his mind and body felt heavy and slow, all he really wanted were to collapse into bed and let consciousness slip away.

He leaned against the fridge, letting his eyes close as he heard Virgil take a glass from one of the cabinets, and he wondered if he could fall asleep standing up. Virgil turned the tap on for a moment, then it was quiet as he drank his water. A moment later Virgil had put his glass down and he was fumbling for Logan's hand.

Logan forced his eyes back open, something that took a considerable amount of his lacking energy. Virgil's fingers entwined with his and soon they were in their bedroom. Logan who was already undressed immediately clambered into bed, waiting for Virgil to join him. It didn't take long until Virgil had crawled down beneath the covers. 

"You gonna sleep on top of the covers?" Virgil mumbled, scoffing at him. Truth be told Logan had simply laid down and then been far too comfortable to be able to gather the energy needed to actually pull the duvet out from underneath himself. He answered Virgil with a grunt, not even opening his eyes.

His husband laughed and began poking Logan's side and stomach until he moved away from the covers. Logan glared at Virgil through half lidded eyes, his arms crossed over his naked chest. To be fair, Logan was a bit cold, the covers were tempting. Virgil grabbed the duvet and threw it over Logan, and a chaste kiss was pressed to his lips. Their hands found each other and entwined loosely.

"Night, love." Logan whispered, but if Virgil responded to that he didn't know, because he had practically fallen asleep as soon as the word left his mouth.

--

Written: 9th, 10th & 11th July 2019
Published: 19th August 2019
Words: 1142

So school started today :/ hopefully this school year will be better than the last lol