[177] - Stars And Deep Sea Creatures

Warnings: swearing ofc, mentions gross deep sea creatures??, but like these are some soft bois yall

Not dating but like really obviously in love

--

Virgil was lying sprawled out on Logan's bed, looking at said side and listening to him ranting about deep sea life. He'd been invited to Logan's room for a movie, which they'd watched, both dressed in their onesies and sitting together on Logan's bed, sharing Virgil's purple blanket and a bowl of sour candies.

And now it was past two in the morning and Virgil was still here despite the movie having ended hours ago, Logan clearly not wanting him to leave and Virgil couldn't say he wanted to either. Listening to Logan rambling on about things, low music playing in the background (one of Logan's playlists), he definitely preferred this to sleeping alone in his own room.

"Eighty percent, Virgil," Logan said, almost whining, "more than eighty percent of the world's seas are unexplored! Anything could be down there…"

Logan got a rather wistful expression, as if he was considering buying a divers kit and going out to explore the oceans himself right this second.

"There is so much to discover. Humankind has absolutely no clue of what actually lives in the oceans. The seas makes up seventy one percent of our entire planet, and to think that so much of that is yet to be mapped and explored! So many species of sea life that shares this earth with us and we aren't even aware of their existence yet." Logan's eyes practically glittered with fascination and Virgil didn't try to hide his smile as he listened to him, just for now he'd let himself lower his guard. Around Logan he'd let himself lower his guard.

"Imagine what we will learn once we have the equipment to travel to the bottom of the seas. It pains me so that I won't be seeing it. I have to know, Virgil." He said with a deep sigh, looking down at Virgil almost accusingly, as if he was the one stopping him from walking straight towards the nearest sea in this very moment. (To be fair, Virgil would definitely stop him if he'd try something like that.)

"Don't you think it's fascinating?" He asked, a wondrous tone in his voice which seemed to be a constant this evening.

"Of course. But also kind of terrifying. I've seen a video of weird deep sea creatures people have gotten on camera, and let me tell you, I absolutely do not want to swim in the same seas as they do. Nightmare material." Virgil said, giving Logan an amused look. Logan didn't seem to be scared off in the least and Virgil doubted he would be even if he showed him that video.

"So, what's more interesting, space or sea?" Virgil asked and he could see the question nearly driving Logan insane.

"It is beyond comparison! Space is incredible and we will never understand it, and the oceans are part our own planet and yet we barely know them. I need all the information that is still eluding us, I want to learn. There is so much to learn and I don't have the time." Logan gave Virgil a near heartbroken look, lying down and rolling over to his back to lie right next to Virgil, with a swipe of his hand turning his ceiling into a sky full of stars.

"I want to know everything." He said, and Virgil thought he looked so beautiful all worked up like this. Of course, Virgil always thought he looked beautiful.

"Well... enough ranting. Is there anything particular you'd like to ramble about?" Logan asked, which was nice of him but Virgil shook his head.

"Not really. But can you tell me more about deep sea creatures?" He asked and Logan looked like his wildest dreams had just come true. Virgil enjoyed evenings like this so much, seeing Logan allow himself to talk and talk and talk about things he found interesting, no holding back.